Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I've had my (company car) 110s/s Techline for a month now and can't work out if the stop/start isn't working correctly or I just haven't work out its idiosyncrasies:

If I'm slowing to a stop, the engine cuts out just as I'm rolling to a halt and restarts as soon as I take my foot off the brake. Fine if stopping for a few seconds, not so great if sat in traffic for any longer than that. I assumed that if I put the handbrake on and put the car in neutral id be able to take my foot off the brake. I've tried all combinations of handbrake, neutral, foot off clutch but every time as soon as I release the foot take the engines fires.
Surely this is not right, or am I doing something obvious wrong!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Giant said:
Hi folks, I've had my (company car) 110s/s Techline for a month now and can't work out if the stop/start isn't working correctly or I just haven't work out its idiosyncrasies:

If I'm slowing to a stop, the engine cuts out just as I'm rolling to a halt and restarts as soon as I take my foot off the brake. Fine if stopping for a few seconds, not so great if sat in traffic for any longer than that. I assumed that if I put the handbrake on and put the car in neutral id be able to take my foot off the brake. I've tried all combinations of handbrake, neutral, foot off clutch but every time as soon as I release the foot take the engines fires.
Surely this is not right, or am I doing something obvious wrong!
Hi

When I put mine in neutral even with the foot on the brake it stops. I can then either put the handbrake on or keep my foot on the brake. If I press the clutch it restarts but only if I take my foot off the brake if I haven't used the hand brake.

Cheers

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts