Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a MY16 Astra K CDTI (manual transmission).
An hour ago walked up to my car happily not knowing what was waiting for me.
I couldn't shift the car into gear (any gear) and the clutch pedal is stiffer than normal. No faults appearing on the dashboard. Called a flatbed truck to haul my car to the service/authorized dealer.

Anyone else experienced the same issue? Was there a recall for this?

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Brought the car in the service shop now. Told me that they need to have a look at the transmission and then they can tell me what's wrong. They guess probably it's clutch pressure plate :eek: which I think is bullshit.

I'll pay whether they ask.if it turns out if it is related to this recall,I'll ask Opel Turkey for a refund.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
the authorized technical service shop insists that the fault is with the clutch pressure plate and on top of that, with the flywheel! this is beyond ridiculous for my car that is at 34800 miles and used on motorways 90% of the time. i still even have not needed to replace my brake pads for crying out loud!

the bill for changing the clutch pressure plate and the flywheel is around 拢900...which is not smth that i can just let go; besides the inconvenience this whole ordeal caused me for 2 weeks and counting (can't get a replacement car from the insurance because this is not accident or damage)

created a complaint with opel turkey. will call again on monday. if it fails i will escalate to opel hq or psa. i hope it stops there otherwise i will have to go to consumer arbitration committee. if all fails i will have to sue.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
update:
  • since opel turkey did not give two shits about my complaint, i launched a complaint to istanbul consumer arbitration committee (requesting my money back from opel turkey by the defective goods consumer law) i might wait up to 6 mo for the committee's decision.
  • the bill is for TRY11.000 (~拢675) which includes:
    • new clutch master cylinder
    • new clutch pressure plate (the full set. the clutch lining incl.)
    • new flywheel (wtf, right? i know :mad:)
    • 2 litres of manual transmission oil
    • labour
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

horrible customer relations from opel turkey and germany (didn't even bothered to reply). even brands like dacia have better customer service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts