Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 2017 1.4t Astra a few months in that time the clutch pedal has stuck down twice
I contacted Vauxhall & was told that although there wasn't a recall there is a technical service bulletin that says that it can be fixed for free or at a reduced price depending on service history & mileage
I mentioned this to my local dealer who fixed it for free in 2 days
Hope this helps others as some have paid £700+

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
It makes me laugh (or cry anyway) why should service history (or mileage come to that)
affect a free repair on what is a known fault with the potential movement of particles getting into the braking system and causing accidents ?
They took it seriously enough to change suppliers on some of the parts
so imo It should have been a safety recall full stop. :censored:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you any idea as to what they exactly replaced to rectify it?
As i didn't have to pay anything I wasn't given a receipt, the receptionist did read out a list of parts replaced & checked, she did say master cylinder & slave cylinder, those were the ones I wanted to hear but she did also mention something about brake pipes.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
It makes me laugh (or cry anyway) why should service history (or mileage come to that)
affect a free repair on what is a known fault with the potential movement of particles getting into the braking system and causing accidents ?
They took it seriously enough to change suppliers on some of the parts
so imo It should have been a safety recall full stop. :censored:
I agree Valer. In my opinion, as I have commented on here before it was the difference between it not affecting the brakes on the petrol engines as it did the diesel engines. If I recall correctly we had vauxhall's safety department join the forum and start a Thread on it, encouraging owners to get it done foc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts