Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, anybody had noise from steering when turned quick when parking or at low speed. has not effected the car in anyway just annoying noise.
i was hoping its something bedding in done 5000 miles now still doing it so might have to go back to dealers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Its a normal noise i guess. Because of the Automatic park pilot and lane keep asist there is another electric motor that also involved to steering system. It may affect somehow and reason of that noise.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i think theres a electric motor in the steering somehow - as when in eco mode and engine not running the steering is still light to turn ,, guessing that noise is normal

·
Registered
338 Posts
http://gm.oemdtc.com/4208/steering-system-noise-2016-opel-vauxhall-astra-k

Operational noise is audible while driving

The electrically assisted steering system (Belt Drive Rack EPS) creates working noises while parking maneuvers (high load, minor vehicle movement)

Correction

In case of customer complaint it is important to explain that those noises are neither a functional impairment nor a technical defect.

Electrically assisted systems in general creating some working noises, which can not completely avoided during all driving situations.

Note: A replacement of the steering or respective components will not lead to any change in noise behavior.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
back from the Vauxhall dealers today the steering noise is to do with a rubber component some where on the steering column, they have re-greased it ,basically lack of lubricant .
the noise now gone. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I mentioned this to Evans Halshaw when mine was in for another issue and they basically told me "It was normal" sent them an E-mail now as both issues are still not resolved after having to take 2 days off to get these sorted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 Astra SRI, i had the same issue with the noise coming from the steering wheel.
i took it back to the dealers this week and they said it is a faulty bearing in the steering and i will need a new part which will take a week to come because the uk does not stock it, they said it is a common faulty part with new Astras from 2016 onwards.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
123james789 said:
I have a 2016 Astra SRI, i had the same issue with the noise coming from the steering wheel.
i took it back to the dealers this week and they said it is a faulty bearing in the steering and i will need a new part which will take a week to come because the uk does not stock it, they said it is a common faulty part with new Astras from 2016 onwards.
What dealer is that please? Also can you let us know how you get on when you get the new bearing please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Vauxhall Astra 2016 model on a 65 plate desil 1.6 : My car has now starting making this cranking noise while I turn the wheel on full lock or light movement, this will probely have to be a recall I also have had a problem with the clutch as it was sticking half way up and jamming, they change the slave cylinder and so far so good but this is now its second fault and the car in only under 2 years old :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts