Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I am torn between these two models but I just want to confirm what the actual differences are as not many know, from what I understand, the differences are:

- SRI Nav has the 8 inch screen system.
- SRI Nav has the colour display system within the dials

Apart from the two items above, is that it?

Thanks,

Kev

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yup, that's pretty much it - SRi Nav gets the SharkFin aerial and 60 configurable favourites including contacts, addresses, playlists, radio stations and voice recognition, but loses Android Auto. Bigger screen looks better, too, imho.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Have to agree after driving mine with the nav then seeing the non nav version in the dealers it looks so much bigger in my opinion and as I don't have an android phone the loss doesn't effect me

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, after finding out about the reduced VX partner savings, I was considering a downgrade but the driver info screen looks so nice. From what I understand, you can do a lot more with it, compared to the standard one?

·
Registered
360 Posts
After reading this thread I was dithering over which one to get too. The bigger display, extra features and colour dash display sounded attractive but £700 was a lot to pay for a relatively small upgrade (I wasn't too worried about SatNav as I'd use my iPhone/iPad with CarPlay).

But on New Year's Eve, after negotiating what I thought was a pretty good price with a local dealer, he was pushing to close the deal: "What do I need to do to get your order today?" I asked for an upgrade from SRi to SRi Nav for £300 and to my surprise, he agreed.

This leads me to believe that dealers may get a bigger margin on upgrades than on the basic car, perhaps as an incentive to sell upgrades. (They certainly make a good margin on mats which they often throw in).

After negotiating a price on the SRi it might be worth trying the same trick, although I may just have got lucky doing it on the last day of the year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just joined this forum but this post caught my attention

I've just ordered an Astra K elite, mainly because I wanted to take advantage of the swappage/scrappage scheme. The problem is I didn't have a great deal of time to go over options before the offer ended. I ordered the intellilux, Driver assistance pack, phone holder and parking assist pack but didn't go for the Nav because I couldn't justify it since I vary rarely use satnav and have my iPhone for when I do.

Anyway I've since learnt that you only get standard steering wheel controls which can be seen on Vauxhalls from 7-8 years ago which annoyed me but now I find the drivers screen isn't colour! Seems shocking to me that an 'elite' model of a newly released car has a single colour display. Even though I've got things like traffic sign assist am I still getting a single colour screen?

The brochure does not explain this when comparing Nav and Non-Nav. Think I'm gonna go back to the dealer and see what they say.... I know it's a small thing but bit of a deal breaker for me this :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts