Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So bassicaly I've found a dealer that's doing an offer on both the Sri and Elite, the offers are £269 deposit and £269 a month for 35 months in the 1.4T Sri and £268 deposit and £268 a month for the 1.4T Elite. I originally was going to choose the Sri until I saw the Elite offer. What would you choose?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Depends on whether you want the driver assistance pack that the srI gives you or the nicer interior that the elite gives you.

I had the same choice to make and decided that the driver assistance was better for me.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yes, less than £10,000. I'll have one of each please. Get your order in quick before they realise... :D

Who's the dealer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ZappyPayload said:
So less that 10k? Or have I got something totally wrong :?
It's a flexible pcp agreement so they work out what the value of the car will be at the end of the agreement which is £8600 and take that off the price and then at the end of the agreement you either trade the car in and can use any value left over towards a deposit for a new car or pay that amount to keep it.

I hadn't thought about the driver assistance pack to be honest but I suppose it's worth the extra £1 a month :p The dealer is Pentagon Vauxhall

·
Registered
360 Posts
In the past the SRi models typically had different gearing and harder suspension than other models. That's no longer the case with the Astra K so the Sport button is the only step in that direction. It changes the feel and responsiveness of the accelerator and steering and is only available on the SRi (not available on the Elite even as an option).

The SRi offers the driver's assistance pack with collision alert, traffic sign recognition, lane departure warning with lane assist and distance detection via the forward facing camera. This is available as a £565 option on the Elite.

The SRi is the only trim to have dark roof headliner which reverts to light grey if you order the power tilt and slide sunroof. I think the dark headliner makes the car feel a bit claustrophobic but others like it.

The Elite has several standard features which are optional extras on the SRi: AGR ergonomic driver's seat, electronic parking brake, electronic climate control, heated steering wheel, heated front seats, ambient front door lighting, electrically folding mirrors.

The Elite has some features which are not available, even as options, on any other model: AGR Ergonomic passenger seat, leather seat trim (dark or light options), 2 rear USB charging sockets and heated outer rear seats.

The Power Front seats with driver and passenger ventilation and driver memory, power adjust and massage function is only available as an option on the Elite for £495.

The alloy wheels are different on each model too.

See the New Astra Price/Specification Guide 1 January 2016 for full spec details.

You need to read it carefully to see that the details like the Parking Pack offers electrically foldable mirrors, the front/rear parking sensors add 6 speakers to Design and Energy models etc.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I've got an SRi, but I think if I was looking at the deal you've seen then the Elite would tempt me. I'm not overly convinced by the driver's assistance pack, so would rather have the toys of the Elite for basically the same money I think.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Are these special offers, just available on the standard models or could you order an Elite with Driver's Assistance Pack and get the best of both worlds? (Except for the Sport button).

·
Registered
411 Posts
... Sri and Elite, the offers are £269 deposit and £269 a month for 35 months in the 1.4T Sri and £268 deposit and £268 a month for the 1.4T Elite.
Is there a part-ex? Are you putting in a deposit? It would be interesting to see if we could get close to that!

Feel free to send me a direct message if you'd prefer

·
Registered
59 Posts
Got my SRi from Pentagon. Some of the best customer service I have seen in a very long time. Just out of interest I'm not paying much more than the offer you have been offered on a HP so will own the car at the end. I used the scrappage deal that was on at the beginning of the year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SwissTJ said:
... Sri and Elite, the offers are £269 deposit and £269 a month for 35 months in the 1.4T Sri and £268 deposit and £268 a month for the 1.4T Elite.
Is there a part-ex? Are you putting in a deposit? It would be interesting to see if we could get close to that!

Feel free to send me a direct message if you'd prefer
Nope no part exchange and the only deposit is the £269 for Sri or £268 for Elite plus I think theres a dealer/Vauxhall contribution of £250

·
Registered
145 Posts
highflight said:
Got my SRi from Pentagon. Some of the best customer service I have seen in a very long time. Just out of interest I'm not paying much more than the offer you have been offered on a HP so will own the car at the end. I used the scrappage deal that was on at the beginning of the year.
Which Pentagon dealership was it? I know their Midlands/Yorkshire branches have very high customer satisfaction scores (Burton, Derby, Sheffield)

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK. So having checked it was Evans Halshaw in Nottingham part of the Pendragon group. I was close with it beginning with a P ;) I'm sure the customer service from other dealers is also very good. Evan Halshaw did a great job of getting an in stock car from another location ready at short notice as I had no wheels (not strictly true as my wheels were dead on my driveway). Great service and a great deal as far as I was concerned.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.