Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, great to see a dedicated forum for latest Astra.

I've recently ordered and will be collecting next week my new Astra SRI NAV in white, I currently own an astra J 1.4 100hp energy in white but the new model looks so much better and the interior was too appealing to resist.

I look forward to lots of how to's and gallery pictures for inspiration

·
Registered
331 Posts
Did you go for any extras with your car or did you keep it to standard spec?

Have you planned any mods?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got the powerflex option added, I'm a driving instructor so although a car enthusiast I also can't mod it the way I would like but I do plan to gloss black the rims and possibly the roof to give the panoramic look

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never say never lol, I pride myself on having a nice instructor car that turns heads, when I got the J other instructors were in corsa's, Micra's and other small cars, the big driving schools gave out focus', fiestas, BMW 1 series but I had a nice privately owned car, now I'll do the same as my students love driving my car and often want it once they pass.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I did read somewhere once that pupils often buy the same type of car as they learnt to drive in, and that's why the manufacturer's are desperate to get the driving school fleet orders. Mind you I learnt in a Chevette, two different Datsun Stanzas, a Cherry (or maybe a Sunny) and finally passed my test in a Nova. Maybe that's why my first car was a Wolseley!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, that is a selection.... I learnt in a focus and loved it but sadly couldn't afford it as a 1st cat so bought a Peugeot 106.... yes students are influenced by what they learn in and feel confident driving, I should try to spark up a repor with a dealership for referrals but many can't afford a new car as their 1st

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I started with a local school of motoring that had several instructors, that was in the Chevette. The instructor I was with then bought his own school, which is where the Datsuns came in. He was never in the same car two lessons in a row. Just before I was due to take my second test after spectacularly failing my first one by trying to write the car off, my instructor was forced to retire due to ill health, so I ended up back with the original school. "I'd like an instructor with a Chevette please" says I as I'd driven one before, so she turned up with a Nova. Still, after squeezing in a few extra lessons as she felt I wasn't ready for my test (maybe she was right, maybe they just wanted a bit more money from me) I passed in the Nova. Three point turns were easier in it I have to say, it was tiny compared to the Stanzas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts