Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I didn't find any pictures of Astra in this colour in members gallery, I thought I could post some photos I took today and last night at local dealer. I took them with my phone, so don't expect super quality. The car is a bit dusty and dirty, however the dirt isn't easily seen on the car, since the colour hides it very well (except on the windows area)..

It's also the colour I have ordered, so it was great to see one before ordering. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kristis said:
This silver does not look like usual silver (like VAG group) or am i mistaken? Actually looks quite nice :)
No, it's not usual silver.. It looks really good, I can only imagine how it looks washed and waxed :) In the sun it gets sort of an white shine, it is really something special and different in comparison to other silver colours. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MarcR said:
My previous Insignia was this colour. Very nice when clean, but not so good after a long trip in the wet.
Maybe, I can't tell much since I don't have experience with this colour. But this car in the picture was driven a lot and was on the parking lot during the storm a few days ago (some particles like sand where in the rain, so the dirt was extremely visible on other cars next to this one), but the dirt was visible only on the windshield and windows, on the paint it wasn't seen so much and wasn't annoying as on the blue or the black one.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KevWak said:
Looks amazing.
My Mrs wanted this colour. I overruled and went for granite grey. Not going to tell her I was wrong!
Heheh, both colours are very nice. It is just a matter of taste, maybe your Mrs has a better one (haha just joking). :D
I find those asteroid and granite grey very dark for the car of this size and this silver one really left a good impression on me every time I saw it, so I went for it. :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Sovereign silver the best colour out the range. I wanted the red like the brochure but when I saw it in person wrong red power red boring. Then I asked could I have the Rock and roll red like the Adam they said no :eek:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Once last thing the colour red in the brochure is a ruby red same colour on the new cilo which is a stunning colour. That was abit dissapointed wasn't the same match then opted for the sovereign silver the flip chip silver horrible

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep, it shows off curves nicely and also it is a cool contrast to black elements on the car (b black pillar, the floating roof plastic, the darkness in the rear lights...). Thanks Spiderpig for posting pictures! If you are willing to share more of them, please do so. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also, I think the car itself in this colour looks much better with the tinted rear windows, like in the pictures I posted above.. Kind of regretting I didn't chose that as an option..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some more pictures of sovereign silver Astra

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, and the LED lights give the car the extra sharpness and brings the whole package together.. It just isn't so cool with halogen regular ones...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.