Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
1900sr said:
The Intellilink 4.0 head unit is made by LG, not sure about the speakers.
Yep, the head unit is known as a "BYOM 2" (Bring your own media) unit and is basically the same as what's currently in the latest Corsa and Adam models.

·
Registered
200 Posts
In my opinion, it's not crap but not premium, either. If you compare it to competitors standard systems, it's okay. You shouldn't compare it to aftermarket systems, because they are almost always better.

Has anybody changed the front speakers? That is the most important and cost-effective upgrade and would make the system much better. Also damping the front doors would help a lot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The 6 speaker system is not to bad for this class. It only lacks some bass. Additional subwoofer like blaupunkt XLf 200A should do wonders. At the moment the car is missing an option of better sound system.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I agree the 6 speaker system is pretty good and better than speakers fitted in many other cars. It's not perfect though and upgrading the front speakers or adding a subwoofer would help.

I'm very impressed with the head unit functionality and ease of use though and can't fault it. It's very responsive and superbly integrated with the cars other features, switching instantly to rear camera view when reversing or overlaying climate control and fan speed settings when they are adjusted. Navigation is easy to use and the 8' display is bright and clear.

The touch screen works well and Apple CarPlay integration is superb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.