Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the second press of the lock button does when pressed shortly after the first press?

The user manual just says press lock button once and there is no mention that I can see of the option of a second press.
Historically with other vehicles one press locks and the second press deadlocks - but when I tested a single lock it prevented opening the car from the inside just like what would happen if it was deadlocked. Some old vehicles has one press for lock and 30 second delay for alarm and two presses for lock and immediate enabling of alarm - but the second press on the astra makes it sound like something mechanical is happening, just like deadlocking.

I want to be sure that I use either one or two presses - whichever provides the best security.

·
Registered
91 Posts
not sure on deadlocks as you also have a third option of hold the button to utilise the full closure windows system - or vice versa the unlock button and hold to open the cars windows as you walk up to it - i like this feature especially as my car is black with black leather and gets hot on a sunny day

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Second press sets the alarm instantly rather than waiting 30 seconds for it to arm I think.

edit - just checked in the manual, two presses in 5 seconds deadlocks the car and sets the alarm instantly, pages 30 and 31 in my manual.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You - must be a difference in the PDF version of the manual as it does not mention it and just says to single press to lock (maybe in some countries the car is set up to do that but in the UK we have to confirm we want deadlocking enabled with the second press).

I checked it again last night and can confirm that a single lock click did still allow me to use the internal handle to open the door (so deadlock not enabled) and locking with a double press did prevent me from using the internal handle to open the door (deadlock enabled). Not sure what happened the first time I tested this.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just checked the manual in the car and it seems to match the PDF I have but I could not see a reference to the second press and deadlocking on Pages 30 or 31.

Just found online that the Manual PDF revision KTA-2775/1-en 08/2015 does show the details on Page 30 and 31.

The PDF and manual I have is a later revision KTA-2775/2-VX-en 02/2016 and after finding the text in the earlier revision I have now found it in the later revision on Page 35. Just thought I would post it here for reference. I just missed it as it comes after a section about automatic boot closing.

I am happy to know that I should be pressing it twice to deadlock it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.