Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
I have the same problem - my sensors refused to work when it was hotter than 20-21 degrees. Went today at the dealer and they applied a software patch that seems to have fixed the problem (or as I can say after a few kilometers in the same condition it was faulty before). Fingers crossed it stays that way...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Not sure if anyone is still having this issue, but I took my car back to the garage because self parking and blind spot assist was "unavailable" all the time. They found no fault codes, so apparently re-calibrated the TPMS sensors and all 12 parking sensors, and everything has been perfect since. My issues all came from wheels being swapped when the same garage replaced 2 tyres, then didn't put the wheels back where they came from, but rather re-calibrated the TPMS sensors. Basically it looks like all parking and wheel sensors must be re-calibrated if wheels are swapped or TPMS sensors are replaced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
That is interesting dwalker01.

The local dealership has had my car for 2 weeks whilst I have been away. Like you they have found no fault codes. This time they have been able to replicate the fault (which is good) but have no clue what has caused it. They have raised a technical case with Vauxhall who advised that they needed to "reset the settings as per the manual". I have no clue exactly what they did but it didn't work.

Have you had any issues since it was reset?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
No issues at all since reset. All working as it should.
Might be worth asking them to do what the garage did to my car, recalibrate/reset all 4 tpms and all 12 parking sensors then take it for a test in a busy car park.
After the first reset of the tpms sensors mine faulted again when I tried self park and it failed to park properly, Only when they reset all sensors above at the same time did it cure it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hi there,
just to say that i have the same issue since temperatures are under 15°.
I'm from france and i will call my dealer for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
My passenger side light is pretty much on all the time. Picks up hedges, fences, grass verges etc. The dealer manager got in and said of course it does....but the manual says it wont detect non moving objects. TBF if it is on don't turn left...but I paid for this feature and it don't work right !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
856 Posts
Hi

Definitely sounds faulty to me. I live in the countryside and drive down a lot of hedge lined lanes and it doesn't light up.

Cheers

Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
My side mirror blind spot LED's are over sensitive also; passenger side more so that anything else. Learnt to just put up with it/ignore unless i'm changing lanes. I suspect a firmware update might fix this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I had the same problem a few months ago, just after i got the car.
They installed an new software on the blind spot assist computer and i never had the problem again, so yes software upgrade should help.

BTW from 150km/h up the mirrors will light up because if safety reasons. (you even get a notification that its not possible to monitor blind spots when you get up to 150km/h.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
My dealer had look at the car last week and they had changed a sensor. But still the same issue.
They will take my car 3 days next month to test it and try to fix this issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
NeoVo said:
My side mirror blind spot LED's are over sensitive also; passenger side more so that anything else. Learnt to just put up with it/ignore unless i'm changing lanes. I suspect a firmware update might fix this?
Booked mine in to be looked at, after they plugged into their reader the passenger side door was showing low voltage warning.

The technician said that it's likely to be the connector cable over strained as a result of regular use of the folding mirrors. I've booked it in to have door trim removed and cable slackened to hopefully resolve this. They have no loan cars available so are going to pick up the car from my workplace and drop it off before I finish my shift; happy with this providing they resolve the issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
NeoVo said:
NeoVo said:
My side mirror blind spot LED's are over sensitive also; passenger side more so that anything else. Learnt to just put up with it/ignore unless i'm changing lanes. I suspect a firmware update might fix this?
Booked mine in to be looked at, after they plugged into their reader the passenger side door was showing low voltage warning.

The technician said that it's likely to be the connector cable over strained as a result of regular use of the folding mirrors. I've booked it in to have door trim removed and cable slackened to hopefully resolve this. They have no loan cars available so are going to pick up the car from my workplace and drop it off before I finish my shift; happy with this providing they resolve the issue.
Did u get this sorted out? I have same problem and mechanics cannot seem to fix this... :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
postman87 said:
NeoVo said:
NeoVo said:
My side mirror blind spot LED's are over sensitive also; passenger side more so that anything else. Learnt to just put up with it/ignore unless i'm changing lanes. I suspect a firmware update might fix this?
Booked mine in to be looked at, after they plugged into their reader the passenger side door was showing low voltage warning.

The technician said that it's likely to be the connector cable over strained as a result of regular use of the folding mirrors. I've booked it in to have door trim removed and cable slackened to hopefully resolve this. They have no loan cars available so are going to pick up the car from my workplace and drop it off before I finish my shift; happy with this providing they resolve the issue.
Did u get this sorted out? I have same problem and mechanics cannot seem to fix this... :shock:
Hi,

They collected it last Tuesday whilst I was at work, was expecting a pair to come, then one of them to drive back to garage in my car.
Left me with a corsa 'limited edition' courtesy car (despite them telling me they had none) in case mine wasn't returnable the same day
They returned my car about 4 hours later, problem is still present.

After reviewing my dash cam footage (which records when ignition is on) there is no possible way they could have removed the door trim and inspected it further (parked the side against a brick wall). I did however witness a technician check every sensor individually and spray compressed air into each one.

I'll be contacting them tomorrow to let them know its still a problem; in the great scheme of things its a minor problem but I would expect a 18 month old car with only 10k miles to work perfectly. It can be distracting (more so at night time when its dark).

How many trips to your dealer have you had?
What have they tried on yours so far?

I'll keep the thread updated with progress, please do the same :).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I had 3 trips to dealer and now my waranty has expired. They tried to reset all sensors and did some some software updates but that did not fix this problem. Last time i think they just pluged it in and said that there was no error /fault codes...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
798 Posts
postman87 said:
I had 3 trips to dealer and now my warranty has expired. They tried to reset all sensors and did some some software updates but that did not fix this problem. Last time i think they just plugged it in and said that there was no error /fault codes...
Do not be fooled. What counts is the date of filing of the complaint.
Now that the claim is filed, all related interventions are still under warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hi all,
they have take my car for 3 days. They called "technical center" that asked us to re-init all sensors: that has solved the problem ! :) Now all work perfectly. I notice that sensors are more sensitive than before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
They finally fixed mine. Had it for three days I believe to change out all the sensors. It now works perfectly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Have similar problem - false warnings in driver's side mirror. Particularly prevalent when it's raining - but still only intermittent.
1.4 Elite Auto 67 reg. Dealer refused to check without my paying for diagnostics check!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I had problem's with that two week's in when i got the car, first they installed a new software on the park asist computer and it was working fine for over a year. Last month the problems started again, turned out the mirror had to be replaced, sometimes the light turned on sometimes not, even when there is a current fault both mirrors should light up, one didnt. I didn't bother to ask them about the p code tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
About a month ago I started to have messages at random intervals that the blind spot warning system needs service. At same time the parking radar stopped to work. I took the car to local dealer for check up and their verdict was that couple of sensors needed to be replaced. They changed the sensors, but it didn't help anything. Next they said that the control module (#13472331) was broken. They changed the part and the problem was gone for 1 whole day! Only difference was that now I started to get warnings only about parking radar. Now on the 4th visit they found broken parking sensor wire behind the rear bumper. They soldered the wire and now the blind spot system has been working as it should. Total damage so far for this guessing game has been 600€
 
41 - 60 of 62 Posts
Top