Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I keep getting a warning saying "serice park assist" and the picture of a spanner. This appears at the end of trips in the car park or sometimes when I stop at an intersection. Has any body experience this? The parking sensors in car are factory fitted. When I start the car for a trip parking sensors always work fine.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Worth checking if the brakes are binding as the system get hot after running. Is there any squealing from the rears? Or, if you feel the wheel hubs after a run, does one, the other or both feel scorching hot (compare with the fronts).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One thing I noticed today is that half way on a trip I stopped on a roundabout and got the "Service park assist warning" which I remove by clicking on the steering wheel by clicking car menu. Then when arriving at destination my parking sensors didn't warn me of the bush ahead which was just a few cms in front; so whenever I get the warning message this means that the parking sensors are either disabled or not working. After I arrived destination I re-started engine and got again warning message, I restarted again and parking sensors are working. Every time I start a trip st home parking sensors work so is like the car parking sensors controller needs resetting..... Anybody has a clue why is this happening?

Crunchynut I don't understand how wheel temperature could affect parking sensors?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts