Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
chris9568 said:
i bought a 1.6 t elite back in march from cinch. we buy any car just offered me a grand more than what i paid for it
Both cinch and webuyanycar.com are owned by the same company, Constellation Automotive group.
One the supplying arm and the other the selling arm.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Value of a typical 3 year old astra k with 30000 mls, now 47% up in second hand value in 6 months

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Value of a typical 3 year old astra k with 30000 mls, now 47% up in second hand value in 6 months

Maybe now is the time to sell our 2012 Corsa D.

But then again.....The car we would buy instead, would also have become more expensive :)

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Maybe now is the time to sell our 2012 Corsa D.

But then again.....The car we would buy instead, would also have become more expensive :)
I recently sold my Astra k 1.6t Sri nav and bought a new car….seat Ibiza FR.
got top £££ for my Astra , cracking deal on a new car as it was in stock and my new car is worth more than I paid for it 6 weeks ago lol. Dealer would love it back and has offered me £700 more than I paid for it ….tempted but I need to find another bargain lol otherwise carless !

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just ordered an Octavia VRS (TSI / DSG).The Astra 1.6T SRI we have is 25m into a 48m PCP and carrying £1500 neg equity from a terrible experience with a Mini. Relatively low mileage being a '68 plate with 18k on the clock. We were offered £2500 above settlement. We are going down to 1 car, so also traded in the wives '20 Swift with 1400 miles on the clock which is at breakeven just now. Was offered £11,790 on the Astra.

Arnold Clark said as the lead time is 5-7 months they will write down both car values by 1.75% per month as a rule of thumb until handover date (whenever that actually is, Skoda have restarted their factory earlier than planned). However, they will also reassess the values and give us the benefit if they come in above. So in theory we should be looking at cashback if the market stays the same given we are paying back above the 1.75% write-down on both.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
My car seems to be back up in price again, just checked it. Now worth 12.5k trade, paid 10k for it back in Feb, 10 months ago now. Although I have no plans to sell it as yet. Looking at other used car values, they've gone up too.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Just ordered an Octavia VRS (TSI / DSG).The Astra 1.6T SRI we have is 25m into a 48m PCP and carrying £1500 neg equity from a terrible experience with a Mini. Relatively low mileage being a '68 plate with 18k on the clock. We were offered £2500 above settlement. We are going down to 1 car, so also traded in the wives '20 Swift with 1400 miles on the clock which is at breakeven just now. Was offered £11,790 on the Astra.

Arnold Clark said as the lead time is 5-7 months they will write down both car values by 1.75% per month as a rule of thumb until handover date (whenever that actually is, Skoda have restarted their factory earlier than planned). However, they will also reassess the values and give us the benefit if they come in above. So in theory we should be looking at cashback if the market stays the same given we are paying back above the 1.75% write-down on both.
I think you should enjoy the DSG, I've been driving autos for over 5 years ago now, after moving over from manuals. I had an 0ctavia 1.8 TSI dsg within the Elegance trim as a courtesy car for a couple of weeks around two years ago now. The 0ctavia was nearly new too, was a very nice car and enjoyed it for the short amount of time I had it. DSG was nice too.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think you should enjoy the DSG, I've been driving autos for over 5 years ago now, after moving over from manuals. I had an 0ctavia 1.8 TSI dsg within the Elegance trim as a courtesy car for a couple of weeks around two years ago now. The 0ctavia was nearly new too, was a very nice car and enjoyed it for the short amount of time I had it. DSG was nice too.
Yeah really looking forwards to it, had a VRS TDI (Man) '66 plate as a company smoker for 3 months when I worked with Scania. Really understated motors that fly under the radar, bit like the Astra. Not into shouty cars anymore. Would have seriously considered holding off a bit longer if there was a equivalent Astra on the way, but all the rumours I've read online point towards plug-in / Bev for the next VXR if is comes into being.

The only thing I don't like with auto's is the hesitation at junctions if you are rolling slightly, never been sure if that is in my head or not given in a manual you need to operate the clutch as well. Main reason for the switch is my commute is mainly through town now and in start stop traffic, so less chance of burning out a clutch and far more relaxing.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yeah really looking forwards to it, had a VRS TDI (Man) '66 plate as a company smoker for 3 months when I worked with Scania. Really understated motors that fly under the radar, bit like the Astra. Not into shouty cars anymore. Would have seriously considered holding off a bit longer if there was a equivalent Astra on the way, but all the rumours I've read online point towards plug-in / Bev for the next VXR if is comes into being.

The only thing I don't like with auto's is the hesitation at junctions if you are rolling slightly, never been sure if that is in my head or not given in a manual you need to operate the clutch as well. Main reason for the switch is my commute is mainly through town now and in start stop traffic, so less chance of burning out a clutch and far more relaxing.
Some of it depends which type of auto you drive, my current torque converter within my Astra is very responsive, certainly from slow moving traffic and very smooth too. I'd say smoother than a dsg. The DSG system is probably the best system of its type. It's also relatively smooth too. I also like it when your revs drop back quickly between gear changes with the DSG, compared to a torque converter. Personally I'd have either. I've also owned a dsg within a 1.4t Leon. With an auto your whole box is covered under warranty, with a manual the clutch and dmf are usually a grey area as far as warranty claims go, so that's a bonus owning an auto. Once we all go electric, we'll all be driving autos, anyway.
I have a manual function with my auto box, but within the 10 months of ownership I've not once used it, as I feel there's zero reason to. As the box adapts to you driving style, put your foot down hard and it moves quickly, the oppersit applies if you are a light footed driver.
I once owned a powershift auto within a Fiesta, the worst auto that I've ever owned, Ford have now gone back to a torque converter. Vauxhall have now gone over to a CVT, probably because they're cheaper, only ever driven one of those within a 'daf', showing my age:ROFLMAO:
I would consider an Octavia next, but probably either the 1.0t or the 1.5t. I'm not too bothered about performance now, more comfort and reliability. I also liked the elegance trim, seats were very comfy, seemed well built too.

Hope you enjoy your VRS, but you'll have a little time to wait yet, but at least you seemed to have sorted a future part ex price out.

·
Registered
770 Posts
It's funny that Vauxhall killed off the Zafira because they said there was no demand and now people are having to pay over top dollar to buy one?!

Interesting to see the proper Mokka in the list too - wonder how much the 4x4 versions have increased in value now winter is on its way?

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2019, 1.4 T ,SRI, VX-LINE, with 7k on the clock, for £11,600 in March 2020. Have just sold it to 'We buy any', with 16k on IT, for £13,220. I was told by the 'We buy' assessor, "Many customers are doing anything that they affordably can, to avoid buying EV".

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had Arnold Clark email me saying my new valuation is £12330 for my car, 68 plate 1.6T VX Line Nav with 37k on the clock. That's more than I paid for the car 20 months ago !! 😂😂👍

We buy any car is around £1k less for me. The used car market is just crazy, but it's building up for the bubble to burst imo.

James.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I had Arnold Clark email me saying my new valuation is £12330 for my car, 68 plate 1.6T VX Line Nav with 37k on the clock. That's more than I paid for the car 20 months ago !! 😂😂👍

We buy any car is around £1k less for me. The used car market is just crazy, but it's building up for the bubble to burst imo.

James.
AC are advertising that they'll give you £750 on your part exchange more than anyone else. Although as we are finding all used cars seem to be going up, massive waiting lists on new ones too. My car is now worth at least 2.5k more trade now than it was when I bought it retail 11 months ago. So it's probably worth at least 4k more retail now, that's not taking into consideration AC's newer valuations. Makes you wonder if and when it'll all end, as the push is now on for E.V's, which may also inturn increase the price of used petrol cars too, as some people look to buy these instead.
Actually at the moment you could say buying an used car was an good investment:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
AC are advertising that they'll give you £750 on your part exchange more than anyone else. Although as we are finding all used cars seem to be going up, massive waiting lists on new ones too. My car is now worth at least 2.5k more trade now than it was when I bought it retail 11 months ago. So it's probably worth at least 4k more retail now, that's not taking into consideration AC's newer valuations. Makes you wonder if and when it'll all end, as the push is now on for E.V's, which may also inturn increase the price of used petrol cars too, as some people look to buy these instead.
Actually at the moment you could say buying an used car was an good investment:ROFLMAO:
Selling my 71 plate Seat Ibiza in 4 weeks time and it’s still higher than I bought it for .
Was in local garages just looking yesterday and sales guys are really struggling with used cars.
Couple of main dealers looked like they were moving as nothing on their forecourts lol. On one hand they say they are screaming out for used stock but on the other hand the prices will be set so high that people won’t buy them….not a time to be a salesman .

Had a choice of 1.shopping yesterday in the crowds getting pushed from pillar to post and majority still not wearing masks or 2. Browsing the local forecourts with no one else in sight…..needless to say I chose the latter.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Selling my 71 plate Seat Ibiza in 4 weeks time and it’s still higher than I bought it for .
Was in local garages just looking yesterday and sales guys are really struggling with used cars.
Couple of main dealers looked like they were moving as nothing on their forecourts lol. On one hand they say they are screaming out for used stock but on the other hand the prices will be set so high that people won’t buy them….not a time to be a salesman .

Had a choice of 1.shopping yesterday in the crowds getting pushed from pillar to post and majority still not wearing masks or 2. Browsing the local forecourts with no one else in sight…..needless to say I chose the latter.
We bought our cars retail, yet they're worth more to sell back trade. So there's been a big increase over the last year.
Yet if you look at the premium brand used market, prices are at an even higher price. So it's difficult to know if we are actually any better off, certainly with regards to part exchanging and buying another used car. I know this after looking at the price of a few A class mercs online.
Are you 100% going ahead with the Puma? Would you not consider keeping the Ibiza for say a couple more years, then buy an E.V instead? May lose less cash that way.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
We bought our cars retail, yet they're worth more to sell back trade. So there's been a big increase over the last year.
Yet if you look at the premium brand used market, prices are at an unreal price. So it's difficult to know if we are actually any better off, certainly with regards to part exchanging and buying another used car.
Are you 100% going ahead with the Puma? Would you not consider keeping the Ibiza for say a couple more years, then buy an E.V instead? May lose less cash that way.
Def going ahead with the puma Boroboy in the new year unless for some reason no stock available. It’s all going ahead beginning Jan , can’t wait to get it as it’s a lovely drive for a small SUV.
36 months later I’ll be looking for an EV though. Somewhere in between a 2nd weekend car would be nice ie Mercedes’ slk or Porsche boxster just to remind me of fun cars again lol.
At the end of the day I work hard , don’t drink or smoke but have this habit of buying and selling cars lol .

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Def going ahead with the puma Boroboy in the new year unless for some reason no stock available. It’s all going ahead beginning Jan , can’t wait to get it as it’s a lovely drive for a small SUV.
36 months later I’ll be looking for an EV though. Somewhere in between a 2nd weekend car would be nice ie Mercedes’ slk or Porsche boxster just to remind me of fun cars again lol.
At the end of the day I work hard , don’t drink or smoke but have this habit of buying and selling cars lol .
Ill be impressed if you keep this one for 36 months, would that be a record? Longest I've ever kept one was for 4.5 years (57 plate Astra 1.6 sxi). Shortest, a Panda 100bhp for 6 weeks :ROFLMAO:
I know nothing about buying and selling cars:ROFLMAO:
To be fair I think I've slowed down a bit now, as I've only owned 3 Astra K's so far :ROFLMAO:

21 - 40 of 42 Posts