Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Redman said:
People on Facebook are seeing the increase in quotes from webuyanycar and Arnold clarke.
Funnily enough, I had a look on webuyanycar re: my old 1400 that my lad got and that is now giving me a price £500 more than when he got it off me ! I did also notice that a lot of the 2nd hand private sale/dealers prices seem to be very good for the sellers as well compared to when I got the 1600.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Everyone's trying to buy a GM built one! :)

Haven't seen anything I'd want to change the 1.6T for though....

·
Registered
770 Posts
FredOnline said:
nsanderson said:
Everyone's trying to buy a GM built one! :)
Hopefully that could mean that the Astra K is a future classic! :D
Either that or people are keeping hold of their GM built one? Pentagon near me have a shed load of the facelift Astras in but not that many of the actual Astras.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I've had a couple of dealers ring me in the last week,same story from both
"we have extra funds available, would you like to p-ex your 2019 Astra for a nearly new low mileage one,and save thousands ? "
err,no thanks lol

·
Registered
770 Posts
Valer said:
I've had a couple of dealers ring me in the last week,same story from both
"we have extra funds available, would you like to p-ex your 2019 Astra for a nearly new low mileage one,and save thousands ? "
err,no thanks lol
Had the same thing in email form, Valer. "We want your car and you can save 1000s in part exchange!" Against what? A noisier, slower and lower spec car than the one I've got?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Redman said:
Second hand car prices are rising and are one of the main reasons for the present rate of inflation rise. Who would have thought, so now is the time to sell if you want a change I suppose.
Agree, it's down to supply and demand, basically. As there's big waiting lists for certain new car manufacturers (not for Astras). My car is now worth around 15% more than what I paid for it 6 months ago. I could sell it now for £250 more than what I paid for it, but obviously used car prices have gone up generally. So if I were to buy another used car, no doubt that would have gone up too.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I guess the word has got around about the petrol 1.6's. Or is it the reputation for good value (low price) Vxs drawing the punters to GM Vx models in general. Lots of customers = increased prices?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I sold my 2015 1.0SRi for £5500 in May, I think Autotrader valued it at about £5400 at the time. They now value it at £6170.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1900sr said:
I sold my 2015 1.0SRi for £5500 in May, I think Autotrader valued it at about £5400 at the time. They now value it at £6170.
Which if my maths is any good is a 12.5% increase in value, yet the car has 1 more previous owner and presumably a few more miles on it.

·
Registered
825 Posts
1900sr said:
Just checked again on webuyanycar and my '66 plate 1600 is now valued at £10k dead and the old '16 plate 1400 is £9300 :eek: The prices seem to be going up day by day :lol:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Redman said:
1900sr said:
Which if my maths is any good is a 12.5% increase in value, yet the car has 1 more previous owner and presumably a few more miles on it.
I'm not sure they take number of owners into account, and I said it still had 51k on the clock, same as in May.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts