Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody please explain the difference in quality, feel and overall design between comfort and sports style seats? Also, I would really love to get some information about those ergonomic seats for the driver (and some detailed pictures, if possible). Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've got an SRi with Sports passenger seat and the optional AGR ergonomic driver's seat. I find them both quite comfortable but the passenger seat only has basic adjustment: seat back tilt, slide forwards/backwards and head rest adjustment.

The ergonomic seat also has motorised seat bottom tilt, motorised lumber adjustment, manual height adjustment and manual seat extension. My better half, who has back problems, much prefers it and complains of the lack of lumber support or adjustment on the passenger seat. I half wish we'd gone for the Elite with driver and passenger AGR ergonomic seats with four heated seats.

·
Registered
256 Posts
One of the main reasons I went for an Elite was to get all the adjustments on the passenger seat. I felt the basic adjustments in the SRi just wasn't good enough in this day and age. After getting her permission to buy the car, the least I could do was make her comfortable!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I've got the AGR sport seats. Dont waste your money and just go with regular one's ;) There is no difference. Both are uncomfortable and all the added adjustment is worthless as it's designed for fat (and i mean fat) people. Thus if u have usual European physique and dont look like the average American - skip them :) I'm tall and athletic built and that side support and bottom side support feels like crap and even the lowest setting is not snug enough :)

So yea, once again - unworthy :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Kristis - I do wonder if this is the right car for you? You don't seem to be too happy with it at all and seem to be very negative about everything. Perhaps you had too high an expectation of what you were getting and thus the car falls short of what you expected? I say this as your other car is a Lexus and certainly not in the same class as an Astra.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your comments guys! I'm not so keen on AGR, so they are def out.
So what's the difference in the seats I've uploaded on the link? http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/VqZkvu42/file.html

The first textile trim is Talino, and the second one is Formula, with ergonomic seat for the driver. Is the only difference between these two seats in the cover material and the extra movement settings ergonomic driver seat provide, or there is something else?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kristis said:
I've got the AGR sport seats. Dont waste your money and just go with regular one's ;) There is no difference. Both are uncomfortable and all the added adjustment is worthless as it's designed for fat (and i mean fat) people. Thus if u have usual European physique and dont look like the average American - skip them :) I'm tall and athletic built and that side support and bottom side support feels like crap and even the lowest setting is not snug enough :)

So yea, once again - unworthy :)
What do you think of the massage & ventilation functions?

·
Registered
573 Posts
ventilation and heating is fantastic. Probably the best in all the cars i have tried. I love how ventilation is also going through the back. And this option i would say u must get. But as for massage function - save the money and spend it elsewhere :) It's OK to have it to brag to someone about it, but not necessary and get's annoying after a few mins :)

dcrl, difference is "extra movement features" :) Ergonomic seats have more adjustability, but dont go for the sport seats as the extra support in length is not very usable and thus - not worth it :)

drey_p, why so? I'm not negative about the car and I really love it. It has it's drawbacks and since i don't have any "likes" or "dislikes" about this car i tend to be unbiased and point to some crap the way it is, not sugar coat because im fan of Opel or Vauxhall, im not :) So i hate some of it's features, but i love others and for the amount of money and in it's class - i dont see any better alternative :) But you are right, for some features i was expecting to get the features with the same name from other manufacturers, but end result is different.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kristis said:
ventilation and heating is fantastic. Probably the best in all the cars i have tried. I love how ventilation is also going through the back. And this option i would say u must get. But as for massage function - save the money and spend it elsewhere :) It's OK to have it to brag to someone about it, but not necessary and get's annoying after a few mins :)

dcrl, difference is "extra movement features" :) Ergonomic seats have more adjustability, but dont go for the sport seats as the extra support in length is not very usable and thus - not worth it :)

drey_p, why so? I'm not negative about the car and I really love it. It has it's drawbacks and since i don't have any "likes" or "dislikes" about this car i tend to be unbiased and point to some crap the way it is, not sugar coat because im fan of Opel or Vauxhall, im not :) So i hate some of it's features, but i love others and for the amount of money and in it's class - i dont see any better alternative :) But you are right, for some features i was expecting to get the features with the same name from other manufacturers, but end result is different.
Was hoping you'd say the opposite :lol: I didn't upgrade from the normal elite AGR seats with heating. The weather is getting warmer now and I'm thinking the ventilation would be a nice option. Oh well, on the next car!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was a little concerned that the sports seats would be uncomfortable but I have to say for me they are great. I have yet to go on a really long journey but so far they've exceeded my expectations.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Northumbrian said:
I was a little concerned that the sports seats would be uncomfortable but I have to say for me they are great. I have yet to go on a really long journey but so far they've exceeded my expectations.
Any chance you could upload pictures of your car's exterior and interior (esp. the seats)? :)

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Going to shamelessly necro this old thread :)

I ordered AGR seats (textile since my wife hates leather seats for some reason) and later realised they were sports option. My car is still in the making but I got to try the seats at my dealers shop.

Overall they felt OK. For passenger the extendable front part is surely nice for long trips but I'm not sure how much I'm going to use it.

Thing that bothered me was that the first third front part of the seat seems 1-2 cm lower than the last 2/3rd. I tried to move things up/down front/back but it seemed to stay the same so I kinda felt an angle on my thighs. I asked the dealer about it and he kinda shrugged and said that this car that I tried is one of the cheaper/first hatchback models they ordered and maybe the one I'm getting ( ST Innovation ) has better construction.

I do hope so.. I guess it's just a thing you'll get used to but felt kinda weird.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not sure we are talking about the same seats - but mine has a handle in the middle that when pulled up changes the seat angle one way and when pushed down changes the seat angle the other way. It is almost like a pump as you have to pull up/push down a number of times with each pull/push changing the angle slightly. As you have to do it multiple times you might have missed what it was doing as unless you do it a few times you would hardly notice the change.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sorry - you are quite right that is what that handle does (raise and lower the seat). On mine there is a rocker switch, in front of that handle, which controls the seat inclination.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought Dynamic (SRi) trim and a sports drivers seat.
I hope it will be sporty enough, as I now have Recaros, and there is absolutely no movement in the back, and only slightly in the seat area. But they are a little overkill to get into them and out of them (I would say age 35 is max, I am 32), so I won't really miss them if Astra's are fine.
They only had Astra J with sports seat to try, and it was OK, seat area certainly has enough support, back maybe not so much.

Astra H Enjoy was really funny, as the back part was so wide, I had to lean on the left side, and there was still 5cm of room on the right side, I really hated that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts