Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm thinking of changing from the regular driver's seat to a powered one with memory function.
Does anyone know if the powered seat is available and whether it can be retro fitted?
The existing seat does have a power supply so that you can raise and lower the seat front.

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was planning on buying a new seat if it's available.
I'm wondering if there's any special loom connections needed with the power seat that won't be there from the old ???

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
That'll be an expensive retrofit as a new seat will cost in the region of £1200 then you'd probably have to get it programmed which a main dealer probably wont do.

Good luck and keep us informed and don't forget to do a How-to write up.

It maybe something I'll look into ince 2nd hand parts come on the market.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Try searching for a crashed Astra, u might get it cheaper then buying completely new. It can be done, since all the wiring is there and nothing special is required. Problem is in the ECU. Since the seat has some settings in the settings screen, im not sure ECU will understand how the seat got there :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all, thanks for the input.
Seems like it's not going to be straightforward, so I think my first port of call will be with my local dealer, and see what their tech guy says.

Have to say I'm seriously disappointed with the Vauxhall phone mount.
There we have a stylish shaped chrome power bar on which to mount the extras, and what do they come up with for my mobile, a crappy, naff looking, dull piece of plastic with a piece of wire hanging from it to plug into the phone.
It looks cheap a nasty, and it certainly wasn't cheap!!!
I'd rather just plug it into the usb in the storage compartment to charge, than have this piece of junk spoiling the whole interior.

Anybody agree or otherwise?

·
Registered
573 Posts
It doesnt look nice, but it's practical. This is Vauxhall/Opel, they are not known for attention to details, but are known for convenience, reliability and practicality. If you want the looks - go for Alfa Romeo :) Charger does it's intended function, but if it's needed? I would agree with you that it's not and rather stash the phone in the arm rest compartment :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Kristis,
Glad to hear I'm not alone :D
When you think that rest of the car looks pretty stunning in all directions, I can only imagine they got some third party company to come up with the phone mount.
I'm seriously thinking of doing a mod on it.
First thing I'd get rid of is the locking top grip, and change it to a spring, that way it would be easier to lift the phone in and out, particularly given my HTC M8 has a gel cover, and this gets stuck when I try to remove it from the mount without undoing the top clip.
The side grips serve little purpose unless you're planning on handbrake turns, so they will be dumped.
If I do go ahead, which I most likely will, I think my plan will be to make it as small as possible and just retain the bottom edge holder with a spring loaded top grip. I'm inclined to dump that odd plastic bowed sheet affair which again seems to serve little purpose.
So the object will be to end up with something that looks nice without the phone on it, then it can remain in place for when I need it.
Oh and one last thing, I will mod the cable so it's as short as possible and maybe fit angled plugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.