Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an odd one today. Stalled the car (I think) while reversing it into a car parking space as the engine just died.

Tried restarting the engine but turning the key just turned off the dial lighting! Eventually I had to take the key out of the ignition, open the driver's door, close it again and restart the car! Talk about close all windows and turn it off and on again! :?

Anyone else experienced this or similar?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it's the 1.4T 150 engine so there's no stop start option.

Can't remember if I had the clutch in, I normally do out of habit, even if the car's out of gear. I'll have to try doing it again and see. Just odd that it turned off the dial illumination and nothing else!

·
Registered
331 Posts
It does sound a bit odd. Perhaps keep an eye on it and see if it happens again. In certain cars, once stalled, if you don't have the clutch depressed and you try to start it, it just turns the dial illumination off so that could be happening here.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The clutch must be down (depressed) to start the New Astra K. If it was up and you turned the car then yes the car would not start. If the car fails to start again when clutch down then please get it recovered to a main dealer and inspected for possible clutch/ignition fault.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it's not done it again since so hopefully all OK. As the Astra is a new model with new electrics, I'm expecting a few Service Packs as time goes on! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts