Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Astra 1.4T (150) power red engine start and stop.

Need to remove the intellink so I can install my subwoofer wires at the back of if.

Anyone got a guide on doing this??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was able to get the long passenger side panel off . But now struggling in getting the small panel near to the steering wheel out.

I believe there is 3 clips in that small panel but I found 2 of the but can't find the 3rd one

Found 2 screws so far to remove but can't get access to the 2nd screw because of that small panel

·
Registered
91 Posts
on most modern cars ive had with built in stereos theres a take off point in the boot for connecting amps etc to , not sure on astra as it doesnt have an optional highline stereo but thesedays most amps will take high level inputs from the speakers and its fairly easy to find a switched live i would imagine

·
Registered
107 Posts
Vpatel120 said:
Really I didn't not know that. I know there is an second battery in the boot so there might me some controls there. I'll have a look and update you lots
Second battery? The astra only has 1 battery and it's under the rear seats ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahh right !! Sorry bout that ..

So I was able to get the panel out .
I'll show the photos of it.

And got the two screws out and now I'm totally stuck !
Have no idea what to do next

Hope the images helps you lots and help me in the next stage

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Great - well done. Could you post some more photos of the rear and the connections please? Any sign of a rear USB socket or anything else interesting?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
okay I'm going to try a different technique.

I will try and get access to my rear speaker wires and splice into them to install a line out convertor (with a radio wire) or if not a line out convertor with no radio wire.

Problem with the second way is that i will have to find the wire to the cigarette lighter and splice and connect the radio wire with that cable, so the amp will turn on and off.

·
Registered
369 Posts
curtisjk said:
Vpatel120 said:
Really I didn't not know that. I know there is an second battery in the boot so there might me some controls there. I'll have a look and update you lots
Second battery? The astra only has 1 battery and it's under the rear seats ;)
Sorry I'm positive battery is in the boot.Lift carpet and it should be on right side just behind the seat I don't want you dismantling the seat.as mine is where Iv said

1 - 20 of 21 Posts