Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Mine was ordered by me but was missing, they said they will retrofit it if they can.

·
Registered
331 Posts
You know you will need to have the PowerFlex bar installed in order to be able to use the Vauxhall phone holder?

Did you request the PowerFlex bar when you ordered the car?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah I ordered the power flex bar with phone holder but they didn't include it in the order but have said they will fit it if possible

·
Registered
331 Posts
That is a bit of a mess up. If you have it on the order paperwork they gave you, they really should sort it out for you. Have they told you when they are going to make it right?

·
Registered
463 Posts
They were looking into how to do it so will be hearing from them tomorrow.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The Powerflex bar is standard on the Elite but needs to be ordered as an option for other models. The phone holder needs to be ordered, even for the Elite.

Once you have the Powerflex bar it is easy to install the phone holder - it just clips on.

Proph - the excellent Mr Cornishtaz posted detailed instructions for retro fitting a Powerflex bar at http://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=95

I suggest you point your dealer at it - it's their responsibility to put it right and supply what you ordered.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yes thank you UKtekkie, I'll send them that link, fingers crossed is sorted in my favour soon.

On another note my Android phone connects wirelessly to the car to play Spotify via the Bluetooth which is a nice touch until the android auto update is available

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sorry, I might be being thick here... are you saying that you have an Elite spec Astra without the PowerFlex bar? Or that you have the PF bar but not the attachment to go on it?

PF bar missing: never heard of such a mis-build, although it could happen I suppose. If that's the case, it's a straightforward warranty job for the dealer to rectify at no cost to you.

Phone holder attachment: again very straightforward if you have a copy of the order with the phone holder shown on it and have paid for it in the deal - dealer should supply it immediately. It's a stock item so it should be readily available.

Here's what the PowerFlex bar on your Elite dash should look like (with fragrance dispenser attached in this case)

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Mode of transport

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have the Sri spec, I bought it via carwow and requested the powerflex bar and phone holder as extras included in the price, my mistake I didn't notice it wasn't on the order when he emailed it over to me and signed but when I picked up the car I felt with a different guy who knew nothing about what was agreed so he rang his boss (the guy I ordered with) and he said if it can be retro fitted he would for free.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ah right, the topic title - "Recieved new Astra elite today but no phone holder" - fooled me.

Right, well the dealer can fairly easily fit the bits, shouldn't be too difficult.
Just make sure you take a nice clear picture of the lower dash area when you take it in - they will have to remove a few nice shiny bits to do it and there's always the danger of an errant screwdriver buggering up your Piano Black panels. Not that any VX dealer would ever do that, of course, perish the thought...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry to ask a silly question (on the face of it) but other than holding the phone in a reasonably useful spot what else does the Powerflex phone holder provide in comparison to a std Blue tooth link to my Car console or plugging into the Armrest USB?

·
Registered
331 Posts
It holds it securely, at that is the key thing for me! Also, at the same time, you can charge your phone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can the connection on the powerflex bar charger be used for android auto or car play? Or does it still need to be connected into USB in centre armrest?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
snowy said:
Can the connection on the powerflex bar charger be used for android auto or car play? Or does it still need to be connected into USB in centre armrest?
Somewhat stupidly the connection on the powerflex is only for charging, it won't link to the audio system, so you would still need to connect to the USB in the armrest.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.