Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

There's been quite a bit of talk on here about the rear usb ports so I did a little bit of digging into vauxhall's parts catalogue and found the following part numbers:

* Rear panel trim (usb only) - 13412444
* Rear panel trim (usb + heated seats) - 39035733
* Double usb socket - 13598459

The only problem is that the sockets themselves are connected via the centre console wiring harness which is custom depending on your options (EPB, rear heated seats, etc. etc.) so a direct retrofit might not be possible.

It would be interesting to see if anyone could get their hands on the relevant parts and figure out whether they need a 12-5v transformer and how to get them hooked into the wiring.

Curtis

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cornishtaz said:
I'll accept this challenge having already removed my centre console to retrofit the powerflex bar
Excellent! I have no idea about the prices/availability of the above parts. Let me know if you need any more info.

·
Registered
145 Posts
cornishtaz said:
I'll be ordering the parts soon as I've got a trade club account.

I'll also do a how-to thread
As somebody who works at a dealer that trade club account is worth it's weight in gold. The discount you get on parts over time when compared to retail is immense.

Curtisjk - Keep in mind any trade club prices are not representative of what it would cost the average bloke on the street wanting Astra parts.

It would be interesting to see if anyone could get their hands on the relevant parts and figure out whether they need a 12-5v transformer and how to get them hooked into the wiring.
I've got a regular 1.4 Turbo SRi Astra K without the rear USB's. In addition I have no heated seats on front or rear so less wiring to faff about with. We've got a Vauxhall Platinum level diagnostic tech at work who will be able to tell me whether it is plausible if I let him strip my armrest/trim. He'll be able to dig up the wiring diagrams and tell me whether it's easy/medium/hard or impossible to do and why.

I'll ask him tomorrow (13/05) and report back accordingly over the weekend.

·
Registered
338 Posts
cornishtaz said:
Ordered the USB trim and USB socket £35 retail didn't order the loom as its £92 retail. Couldn't see a stepdown transformer so must be built into the usb socket. Parts might be here by next weekend.
Brilliant. Looking forward to seeing this mod done properly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Does anyone know if the rear ports are the same on MY16 cars as MY17 cars?

Just wondering if the later ones have a higher power output.

Also is the transformer built into the USB ports with the part number 13412444 ?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Mike88 said:
Could anyone provide a detailed guide on how to do this? Thank you!

When I remove the rear plastic cover will it have a connection inside for the two USB sockets or I have to get wires there?
think its in the how too section for installation

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Mike88 said:
AdieMcc said:
think its in the how too section for installation
Could you provide a link, a cannot find it. Thank you!
I can't see the how too either. best off messaging cornishtaz for the part numbers if he's still got them. you need the plastic trim, double USB port, little connectors, 1 meter of speaker wire to connect to the cigarette lighter. its pretty easy to do feed the wire through the centre console pull the cig lighter up out of the hole and connect the wires to the bottom of it for power. you need to connect the wire to 2 pins on the back of the USB port.

·
Registered
4 Posts
AdieMcc said:
I can't see the how too either. best off messaging cornishtaz for the part numbers if he's still got them. you need the plastic trim, double USB port, little connectors, 1 meter of speaker wire to connect to the cigarette lighter. its pretty easy to do feed the wire through the centre console pull the cig lighter up out of the hole and connect the wires to the bottom of it for power. you need to connect the wire to 2 pins on the back of the USB port.
Thank you! I found the part numbers on the top of this thread.
Should I remove the center console as well to feed the cable and place the plastic trim? Is there a how to on this?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have actually bought the parts from cornishtaz as he sold his Astra K I believe.
The rear panel on the centre console pulls off (pull towards the rear of the car). You should also be able to remove the cigarette lighter and then thread the cable through the back to the cigarette lighter up front without pulling everything apart.
However, I'm yet to install anything yet, I've just had a look around in my car.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
you'll have to pull the gearstick gater up to get to the cig lighter. should be able to just feed the wire through to the front.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts