Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm in need of some advice if anyone has experience in this area. My rear number plate lights recently stopped working which was sorted after replacing the bulbs.
Today the dashboard notified me the number plate light and rear left indicator had both stopped working. Obviously this isn't the bulb, rather an electrical issue at this point.
Anyone have any idea if it could be the fuse or wiring etc? I've tried removing the relevant fuse and placing back in but not luck!

Any input is much appreciated

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
854 Posts
You haven't replaced the filament bulbs with LEDs have you ? Just a thought as sometimes the bulb check cct won't always instantly register the fault when replacing with LEDs.

Do your indicator/number plate bulbs actually stay unlit or are they working but bringing up an error ?

There are also two fuses, one for each circuit but you only mention that you tried one fuse. Did you just pull it and replace it or did you actually test to see if it was still OK ?

Have you checked the replacements off the car to make sure they haven't gone ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Shaky,

I haven't replaced the bulbs with LED, just the standard. So funnily enough the number plate lights are now working but each time I start the car it come up with the 'check number plate light' error despite them working. On the other hand I the left indicator light error comes up when indicting left and that light is definitely not working.

I haven't tested the fuse to see if it is okay. Don't have the equipment to do that I believe. It's the 15a fuse and there seems to be only one of them in that compartment so I can't switch it out with another to test. I'm going to buy some new ones from Halfords and see if that works. If replacing the relevant fuses doesn't work at this point I assume there some faulty wiring feeding to those lights. Unless there are any other suggestions?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Shaky,

I haven't replaced the bulbs with LED, just the standard. So funnily enough the number plate lights are now working but each time I start the car it come up with the 'check number plate light' error despite them working. On the other hand I the left indicator light error comes up when indicting left and that light is definitely not working.

I haven't tested the fuse to see if it is okay. Don't have the equipment to do that I believe. It's the 15a fuse and there seems to be only one of them in that compartment so I can't switch it out with another to test. I'm going to buy some new ones from Halfords and see if that works. If replacing the relevant fuses doesn't work at this point I assume there some faulty wiring feeding to those lights. Unless there are any other suggestions?

Thanks for your input!
Probably you sorted this already, but check all the fuses, not only the ones that have something to do with the lighting system. It happened to me and it was a blown fuse 20amps that had nothing to do with the lights. But I’ve been told by an auto electrician that once a fuse is blown it may cause issues to other parts of the electrical system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts