Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

My first post but a long time reader.

Back in October I ordered my new Astra Sri Nav 1.4 (150) with tinted rear windows, parking pack, keyless entry, agr seat, dual zone climate control and Led Intellilux Matrix Headlights.

Had my estimated delivery as late December/early January.

Got a call in December from the dealer to say my car should be with them soon and ready for collection on Tuesday 22nd of December so what a great early Christmas present!

Get a call on the Monday from the dealer to say my car had arrived, looks great but it doesn't have the Led Intellilux headlights!! I have not got great night vision so the Intellilux lights were the main option I wanted!

They have now re ordered my car and triple checked everything (as well as keeping me in the loop with internal emails.) They put it through as an urgent order due to the error and I should eventually get the correct Astra Feburary 15ish.

So everyone please double check with your dealer that everything in your order is correct so this doesn't happen to you! All the original paperwork they gave me was correct but it was the dealers processing with Vauxhall that went wrong.

Looking forward to February and very jealous of everyone here who has one already!!

Cheers,

Alan

·
Registered
70 Posts
That sounds awful!
This is my first time buying a brand new car, and I must admit that I have feard something like that could happen.
That's why I sat down with the dealer and went through all of my wishes, as he typed them in the system directly to Opel (Danish).
Hoping you are having more luck next time ;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sorry to hear about your difficulties Alan but an extra 7 weeks doesn't sound too bad. My 31 December order won't arrive until late March so they are definitely accelerating your order.

I guess your dealer was probably gutted too as it leaves them with a very nice, high-spec car that they'll have to sell cheap as it's unlikely it will exactly match anyone's requirements.

I guess it might be worth posting the dealer's name here in case anybody on the forum wants to make them a cheeky offer and get a good deal (not me - I've got poor night vision too so I ordered the Intellilux lights for my Astra).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.