Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
It's come up on mine randomly, not doing anything in particular. Just dismissed it. I assume it's to cover themselves!

·
Registered
856 Posts
M1chaelR said:
It's come up on mine randomly, not doing anything in particular. Just dismissed it. I assume it's to cover themselves!
Hi

I've seen it twice on mine since January

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yes, I've had this a few times too. Not been able to recreate a situation where it always comes on so just 'OK' it. Should really have a 'Yeah, whatever' button. :)

G

·
Yeah just been a couple of times. It came up once when the other half was driving and she was like wtf. Talk about a distraction!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've never had this message come up on mine (had the car since Nov 2015).

However I've only ever used Bluetooth once very briefly. I usually just plug phone in for Apple Car Play & charge.

Was your phone connected to Bluetooth at the time this message came up? Are you on Android or Apple?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Jeffk said:
Had just stated car up , not even touching anything , DAB radio was on that's all .
Yep, that's when mine showed it. Not done it in a month or so now so I'm assuming it was some bug in the infotainment system...?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea seems like a bug , and no phone not connected as was a quick trip , Apple Phone which I do mostly have plugged in , at least its not just mine doing it anyway , prob be a software update ,thanks for all reply's .

·
Registered
770 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this ancient thread, but has anyone else been getting a few of these again recently?

It's almost like the infotainment system has been rebooted - do VX send any updates over the air or maybe via OnStar? Wonder if it's because I couldn't be bothered to renew OnStar?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Why would it be a bug? It's just an information message that pops up now and then. Read it and dismiss it...that's what I do.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hi

It's a safety message to remind you not to take your eyes off the road for too long. Definitely not a bug and probably there so that in the event you have an accident you can't sue Vauxhall as they warned you not to do it.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
834 Posts
Just one of them things that pops up at random...health and safety at its best...if you work for a blue chip manufacturer you will understand why it keeps popping up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts