Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Mine changes a split second after you pass it.
Don't think it should change earlier as it shows the limit you are in now not what you are going to be in.

·
Registered
573 Posts
It changes as u pass it. Its common practice. But usually Astra is taking the signs from the nav and only showing current signs for a limited time :) and since nav maps are about 2-3 year old - it presents some problems :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Kristis said:
It changes as u pass it. Its common practice. But usually Astra is taking the signs from the nav and only showing current signs for a limited time :) and since nav maps are about 2-3 year old - it presents some problems :)
Not if you don't have a nav model. ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
kidstretch said:
Thanks guys, seems the Navi 900 is not that great after all (i have this one, no Android Auto support at the moment)!
Kidstretch, if you are in the UK, the system works very well, due to the fact that the speed limit signs are repeated frequently by the side of the road (albeit using smaller signs) and the car reads the signs. In my car it has only ever shown the wrong speed limit for a few hundred yards, and as soon as it picks up a sign it changes.

It also picks up temporary signs placed to reduce your speed through roadworks.

Android is supposed to be released any day now and the navi900 display looks much nicer in the car and your driver information display will be bigger and in colour. Your steering wheel will have better controls for controlling the unit.

You can still listen to music on your android phone (I have an iPhone and an Android phone which I connect to my car), and send texts using the cars voice control system, but do not change the fact that the navi900 is better, so both Apple and Android carplay are nice to haves in my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know where you can get a manual with a list of all traffic signs available?

Mine has occasionally shown some very random signs - which have no bearing on what is happening on the road I am driving down!

·
Registered
856 Posts
daveyg said:
Does anyone know where you can get a manual with a list of all traffic signs available?

Mine has occasionally shown some very random signs - which have no bearing on what is happening on the road I am driving down!
Hi

Best one I have had so far was the motorway sign in our work car park.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
22 Posts
daveyg said:
Attached is an image of a sign which was recognised this morning on the way to work.

The best I can do to work this out is - Be careful, there may be children playing football on the road outside their house!

View attachment 645
Not sure how it's called in english but in my country the similar sign marks the pedestrian area where your max speed is 20km/h and cars have to give way to pedestrians. Seems like the sign you posted marks the end of that area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
daveyg said:
Attached is an image of a sign which was recognised this morning on the way to work.

The best I can do to work this out is - Be careful, there may be children playing football on the road outside their house!

View attachment 645
In Dutch it's called 'woonerf'. I think you can translate is as a residential area with traffic calmings. Speed limit is 20km/hrs andpedestrians & bikers can use the whole road.

·
Registered
200 Posts
We have similar sign in Finland, max speed limit is 20 km/h and pedestrians can use the whole road. This sign can usually be spotted in suburban residential areas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well knock me down with a feather!

In the 30 years of driving I have never seen a sign like that!
Certainly never seen one on the way to work, a journey I have made for who knows how many years ;p

As the saying goes - You are never to old to learn, and you learn something new every day.

Cheers morgoth :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Crosseyxpower said:
Hi all! My traffic sign recognition system has all of a sudden stopped working today. It no longer displays the speed on the road i am travelling on. Any ideas?
Hi

Try cleaning the windscreen.

Cheers

Paul

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.