Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Intelilux light on my Astra K, excellent lights, have it on auto, everything's fine!
There is one thing that it does, which i'm not sure if it is a fault or standard function.
In daylight, I drive under a bridge, not a tunnel, there is a lot of shade for about 30-40 meters.
The lights turn on, all good. When I exit and sunlight hits the sensor, it should turn off the lights, right?
Well, it didn't, so I stopped, turned off the engine, then the car went to daylight mode, no headlights, just the day lights.
Today I tested it again and didn't turn of the engine.
The lights went off around 4-5 minutes after I drove under the bridge.
Could it be a malfunction or is it something standard?
Don't have any other problems with the Intelilux lights, just this one little thing!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I've found a similar issue with auto lights on my K and both my Astra J basically I think the issue is the sensor gets confused ehen going from very dark to very bright.

I had a Insignia following me the other werk both our lights came on together but mine went off before his. So I think its a Vauxhall thing.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Same thing with my current Astra J. When I drive to a tunnel or under a bridge, main lights turn on quickly. But after I exit the tunnel/bridge, it can take 3 to 5 minutes before car switches back to DRLs. I have halogen lights with traditional bulb DRLs. VAG cars seem to work better, they switch instantly to DRLs when it's bright again.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Depends on the level of light at the time.

If it is bright sunshine, lights should go off straight away. If it is a bit grey and overcast and especially if any shadows the lights can and do stay on longer.

This has been the same for every car I have had with auto lights.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Since my partner lives in N London and I live in SE London, I get the joys of travelling through the Blackwall and Dartford tunnels on a regular basis. On each occasion, the 'Intellilux' headlights have responded almost instantly when entering the tunnels, but take a while, in my limited experience, to turn off (at least a minute or two). Not a problem as far as I'm concerned - they're unlikely to dazzle other drivers because of the technology and the power consumption should be minimal!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts