Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just a quick question about your automatic led lights.
when I turn automatic headlights on, i noticed, that the long beam on the left side doesnt work after a while. I raised the issue with my dealer, who claims it is one of the regimes, that works usually on highways, however I believe it shouldnt be happening whilst driving on a normal country road.
Did any of you experience something similar?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
high beams on the driver side are not functioning. theres no traffic at all, neither any reflections from signs... :-/ basically, the leds on passenger side adapt to traffic nicely, however, the ones on the drivers side dont function and are off...

·
Registered
70 Posts
How fast are you driving when this happens?
Cause the light will go in "highway mode" above a certain speed, as to not blind oncoming traffic in the other lanes, hence turning the driverside beam down.

·
Registered
325 Posts
juraj.domankus said:
Thank you guys, Percival is right, I guess I was driving a bit too fast :-D So its no fault its just that highway mode I guess...
Well, it's a fault if you are on some regular trip (not highway) and the computer recognise it as a highway drive, just because of the higher speed.. You can be overtaking some vehicle, and when you need the lights more than ever, the left ones go down as they think the car is on a highway.. That's just nonsense. What was your speed btw? What's the point in having the matrix and the computer, if it doesn't work the way it was originally meant to work.. Also, the camera and the computer should recognise the highway because of that fence between the roads, not the speed of the car. Also, I don't get it how is computer meant to know how high is the fence between the lanes if the computer and the camera doesn't include the fence recognition in the first place (I don't think that every fence on highway in Europe has the same height, so they've must put some live height measurements). They should have put the option where you could select some mode if you wanted, and problem would be solved...

·
Registered
325 Posts
There must be some words in the manuals, about the modes and switching between them. Maybe the highway mode goes after 120km/h.

·
Registered
60 Posts
drcl said:
. They should have put the option where you could select some mode if you wanted, and problem would be solved...
They have, it's called "manual high beam" ;)
Automatic is not ment to suit all strange possibilities you may find, it's to cope with almost all.
For example: Automatic high beam is limited from a certain speed, if you want high beam before that, use the stalk! Believe me, it works ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Not sure that would be practical or advisable - the system works so quickly and has so many different combinations of LED on/off that it would impossible to have a setting to let you choose. Most people struggle to get a simple main beam on/off correct!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Maybe you are right.. I don't know.. Most people do have that problem you mentioned... Hope it will work fine, can't wait to get my hands on it :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

There ya go - main beam on, with some LEDs off so as not to dazzle the oncoming car. As the car gets nearer, the LEDs to the right of the pic go out with those forming the current gap coming back on.

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Great picture Swiss, it shows a great example of it working

·
Registered
798 Posts
Important info about matrix LED Intellilux:
Philipp Quanz ([email protected]), Assistant Manager Electronic Media from Opel, says:

"The IntelliLUX LED array light is more durable than halogen or xenon headlights.
Our longevity tests have shown that the LEDs outlast the life of the vehicle.
However, should a repair be necessary, does not have to be replaced the entire headlight,
as it allows the architecture of the headlight to replace individual components."
(translated by Google)
Source: https://www.opel-blog.com/2016/05/12/erleuchtung-im-opel-astra-didi-testet-intellilux/#comment-841115

·
Registered
200 Posts
Pig launcher? Google translate has translated headlight to pig launcher. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.