·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
92 Posts
bernieeccles said:
Hi, just joined the forum as I quite fancy the new Astra, which seems to tick a lot of boxes for me. I have read quite a lot of the posts on here concerning the price paid and of course I have done a bit of research on the net.

Saw this the other day and wondered if there is a catch. Their prices do seem keen !

http://www.arnoldclark.com/new-cars/vauxhall/astra/1-4t-16v-150-elite-5dr/0/ref/blk_gx7isktjqlsgecus
That includes a swappage discount on it. I purchased mines from Arnold Shark. I got a 1.4T SRI Petrol in Carbon Flash. (Not Nav) and I paid £15495 plus got a full tank of fuel and mats. Plus I got Gmac finance and only pay approx 3% interest give or take. They are probably one of the best places to buy one. I tried Peter Vardy and Evans Halshaw and was quoted £17895 for the same model and spec. If you need anymore advise just ask. If your in Glasgow or surrounding area I can recommend a good guy to get you a deal.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You do need to take all these amazing prices with a pinch of salt. A case in point - this Twitter ad. On the face of it, a fabulous price for the car. But the ad price is for a Design, not an SRi as pictured, which doesn't have OnStar and the price includes £2k Scrappage allowance. Turns out the price for a 1.4 Design is £14495, which pretty much any dealer can match. But hey, don't let a few legalities spoil a nice picture!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Attachments

·
Registered
770 Posts
I think the Energy and SRi models are available with 0% finance. Can make a big difference to monthly payments. It was cheaper for me to have a new car than a used one of the same spec!

·
Registered
280 Posts
nsanderson said:
I think the Energy and SRi models are available with 0% finance. Can make a big difference to monthly payments. It was cheaper for me to have a new car than a used one of the same spec!
That's what I found! We were changing wife's car at the same time so used both her car and my car as part ex against hers which was not interest free. Saved ourselves loads of money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts