Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a Powerflex Phone Holder to fit in my Astra K, when it arrives, the USB cable that comes with it is a 24cm Micro B Male to Micro B Male. The instructions that come with it say that there is also a 36cm version of this cable.

My phone is a standard, small size, smartphone and it wants to be mounted a particular way in the holder - so that the volume buttons are not being pressed by the holder. The problem is that the 24cm cable is too short to go from the right of the holder to the phone socket at the left. It looks like the supplied cable is only used if your phone mounts the other way so that the phone socket and holder socket are on the right hand side.

I have not been able to locate the longer version of the cable so it looks like the only option is to purchase a 0.5m cable and a micro b to micro b cable seems to be fairly rare.

Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
360 Posts
No, but I've been unable to find an Apple Lightning to micro USB cable for my iPhone. It looks like I'll need to buy Apple's £15 adapter and carry it around.

·
Registered
107 Posts
UKtekkie said:
No, but I've been unable to find an Apple Lightning to micro USB cable for my iPhone. It looks like I'll need to buy Apple's £15 adapter and carry it around.
Vauxhall offer one (PN 39033816) but is £28 on eBay.

·
Registered
29 Posts
UKtekkie said:
UKtekkie, please take a look:

Or, go the route of...

£5.19 - AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 0.9 m (3 ft) - Black

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Apple-Certified-Lightning-Cable/dp/B010U3XO3Q
...and a...

·
Registered
29 Posts
fryrpc said:
I have purchased a Powerflex Phone Holder to fit in my Astra K, when it arrives, the USB cable that comes with it is a 24cm Micro B Male to Micro B Male. The instructions that come with it say that there is also a 36cm version of this cable.

My phone is a standard, small size, smartphone and it wants to be mounted a particular way in the holder - so that the volume buttons are not being pressed by the holder. The problem is that the 24cm cable is too short to go from the right of the holder to the phone socket at the left. It looks like the supplied cable is only used if your phone mounts the other way so that the phone socket and holder socket are on the right hand side.

I have not been able to locate the longer version of the cable so it looks like the only option is to purchase a 0.5m cable and a micro b to micro b cable seems to be fairly rare.

Anyone else experienced this?
Although there are Micro-B to Micro-B USB cables around, you are right, they aren't that common. What you could do is just use a normal USB-A to Micro-B cable (a normal data/charge cable that you get with most tech these days) and use it with the adapter I posted earlier.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks folks. I'll look at those options. On long journeys we often have 5 iPads/iPhones/iPods in the car so having several charging points is handy. I really want a short (10cm) Lightning to micro USB cable without an adapter to keep it tidy but I guess it's not critical.

I've got a dual 2.1A charger that plugs into the power socket which works well. Elite style USB sockets in the rear would be ideal if it's a retrofit option.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts