Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearly 400 miles into having my car and now got a problem. (Its not like a Vauxhall eh! lol :lol: ) When I put my foot down for a bit of power (And I don't mean booting it) I get this feeling im loosing power. Imaging putting your foot on and off the accelerator slightly. Some people have said to me it might be the injectors that are blocked. How can a new car have blocked injectors. I fuel up with premium unleaded from shell, could this be the problem? Ive never ever used it on any of my new cars but I thought since the fuel is soo cheap I would try it. I'm due to fill up soon so thought I would find out your feedback to see if there are any known issues or faults.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Doubt it's fuel, so disregard that.
Injectors... Well, clogged injectors should also give a bit rough idle with a miss every now and then. Is your idle rough or missfires abruptly?
If you rev it, does rev easy or feels bogged down?

I'd say could be ECU problem. Give it a nice reboot with battery cable removal for several mins and see if that helps

·
Registered
74 Posts
Could it be a turbo issue? Because one of the turkish astra k owner have a turbo problem after just 5000 km.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could be the turbo. Thats what i thought or the injectors. Im gonna need to get in to the dealership and see. Going to phone and see if theres any software updates or recalls aswell. Hoping its something that can be sorted

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MarcR said:
Have you pressed the OnStar button to see if they can remote diagnose?
Sure have. The onstar system sounds great but it is very limited in its abilities to diagnose issues and faults. On paper it sounds fantastic. But im not sold on it yet.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
oldskool said:
when my eml light came on onstar werent able to remote diagnose the fault even though i was informed on here they can do so

anyway on a lighter note ,,, are you sure it doesnt just need winding up :)

http://mbmail.mbadvertising.co.uk/em/mail/view.php?id=12604410&a=33038&k=db4b16c
No, it's the 1.0 that needs winding up. This is what my brother commented on Facebook when I posted the first pics of my car.

"Turn key many times (but do not over-wind). Release lever and steer to next street. Turn key many times (but do not over-wind). Release lever and steer to next street. Turn key many times (but do not over-wind). Release lever and steer to next street. ..."

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you report the fault to a dealership they will need more information.

- Do you notice this when the engine is from cold or when warm? (Cold is before it has reached middle of gauge normal operation temperature).
- Has an Engine Light come on?
- Any jerking/juddering when driving? Is it driving ok apart from reduced power?
- What speed are you doing when it is most noticed?
- Which gear are you in? Is your foot completely off clutch?
- What auxiliary equipment is turned on? Rear heated screen, A/C, phone plugged in, etc. Most electrics now add extra strain onto engine to keep battery charged but can result in the possibility of slightly reduced power.
- You say you're using Premium Unleaded from Shell. I presume this is 98 RON? The owners manual for 1.4 Turbo states 95 RON (Normal Unleaded) is recommended for this engine. 98 RON is 'possible' which means they've tested it and it works fine. However Vauxhall/Opel/GM recommend 95 RON for 1.4 Turbo. They only recommend 98 RON for 1.6 Turbo. I would use the recommended fuel. Use the 98 RON fuel fully until light comes on to drain the tank and then fill up with normal 95 RON and re-test.
- Any unusual noises? Whistles, whooshes or rumbles?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had the car into the dealership on Friday. They gave the all clear. Useless tbh!! How they cant feel the issue god only knows. If it gets any worse its going back. Its not too bad atm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts