Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why o why didn't they make them big enough to hold a modern smart phone! Ordered one from local dealers only to find neither my Samsung or my wife's HTC will fit it. Has anyone else got one? If so what phone do you have?

·
Registered
91 Posts
i read somewhere on here you can fit big phones in them if you cut off the width spring bits ?? ,, tbh the whole thing looks like a poor arrangement to me - luckily i dont have a handbrake lever so my ifone 6 plus sits nicely on the roller cover between the seats

·
Registered
107 Posts
oldskool said:
i read somewhere on here you can fit big phones in them if you cut off the width spring bits ?? ,, tbh the whole thing looks like a poor arrangement to me - luckily i dont have a handbrake lever so my ifone 6 plus sits nicely on the roller cover between the seats
That's good to hear - i was wondering where I was going to put my 6 Plus. It just sits awkwardly on the tiny shelf you get in lieu of the power flex bar on my dad's car!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Perhaps I had the wrong idea, but I thought that the side supports popped out in order to accommodate larger devices....?

At least that is what it shows in the video below:

·
Registered
91 Posts
curtisjk said:
oldskool said:
That's good to hear - i was wondering where I was going to put my 6 Plus. It just sits awkwardly on the tiny shelf you get in lieu of the power flex bar on my dad's car!
youll be fine with the elite nav - the phone sits on the cupholder space just nice and theres enough of a recess to stop it sliding anywhere when driving

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was unsure about the phone holder but for the sake of however much it was I thought I'd be at least able to flog it on eBay for £20.

I have a iPhone 6 Plus with a thin Peel case. It fits ok but I've had to cut off the width holders I never really tried pulling them out just snapped them off and pushed the remaining piece back inside. The 6 Plus is snug but dosnt move once in the holder.

·
Registered
331 Posts
James 33 said:
Only goes up to 73.5mm wide and my Note 3 is around 80mm wide.
Just so I'm clear on this before ordering one, you're talking about the top bit not opening up enough and not the side sliders?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I will have to check with the dealer before I place any orders for the holder!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts