Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just ordered my Astra elite nav 1.4 turbo for delivery in mid July. I've ordered the smart phone holder and air diffuser options for the car. My question is are they interchangeable as I think they're both supposed to sit in the same place?? I ordered the phone holder as my last car didn't even have Bluetooth so the idea of having somewhere to sit my phone properly sounded perfect but I'm not so sure I need it as you can't use Apple play with it, can I just remove the holder if I want ( and just leave the air diffuser)

The usb is in the armrest but I don't want my phone just sitting in there, are you able to close the armrest but have the cable come out so I can sit my phone on the cup holder? Seems like an annoying place for the USB port?

Finally why do they have the buttons on the locks, it seems so old fashioned when my corsa doesn't have them now!! The ones that go down when the door is locked and up when unlocked if that makes sense? Why are they back???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Daz, they are interchangeable. Re the centre arm rest there are groves in the top to allow the cable to come out and you can sit your phone in the cup holder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thanks for the info, don't see me having much use for the phone holder. If really like to use google maps as it works out the fastest route to go based on traffic, I know you candy apple maps on car play but haven't tried it. Does the Astra nav work out routes based on traffic?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Daz316 said:
Great thanks for the info, don't see me having much use for the phone holder. If really like to use google maps as it works out the fastest route to go based on traffic, I know you candy apple maps on car play but haven't tried it. Does the Astra nav work out routes based on traffic?
Yes but it uses TMC which is not nearly as accurate as the crowd-sourced data Google maps uses.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Daz316 said:
Finally why do they have the buttons on the locks, it seems so old fashioned when my corsa doesn't have them now!! The ones that go down when the door is locked and up when unlocked if that makes sense? Why are they back???
I quite like the door lock pins. It gives you a visual confirmation that the doors are indeed locked. They were absent in the Astra H, but reappeared in the J and K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts