Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does any know as of yet what biggest memory size usb will be compatible in the new Astra infotainment system and readable with out playing up

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How you manage get yours tomorrow I got to waite until December :-(

·
Administrator
149 Posts
The Mokka is not only limited by GB size but also by number of tracks. Last time I checked it was max size is 64gb, but then says maximum number of MP3 files is 1000. IIRC the maximum folder structure depth: 11 levels.

Not sure if it will be any different in the Astra....

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I've played with a hub and I think it will work, however it'll really need to be powered. Certainly using an iPod or memory stick and a phone both would work on the non-nav stereo (mine shows two USB inputs on the sources list), however there wasn't enough power for them to work reliably. I didn't try to power the hub but I'm pretty certain it would work.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
nuno50 said:
Only one USB connection inside the armrest...
Am I able to connect a USB hub and then connect more than one usb drive or charge more than one phone at the same time? :mrgreen:
The Elite model has two more USB points in the back of the centre console, but they are only power points. You can also get the Powerflex bar which gives you another charge point.

·
Registered
798 Posts
1900sr said:
I've played with a hub and I think it will work, however it'll really need to be powered. Certainly using an iPod or memory stick and a phone both would work on the non-nav stereo (mine shows two USB inputs on the sources list), however there wasn't enough power for them to work reliably. I didn't try to power the hub but I'm pretty certain it would work.
Hummm, but how to power an usb hub in the car?
My idea would be to connect one usb drive and also charge one phone at the same time in the same connection.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
nuno50 said:
1900sr said:
Hummm, but how to power an usb hub in the car?
My idea would be to connect one usb drive and also charge one phone at the same time in the same connection.
I tried this, using the phone for navigation and the USB stick for music and had it working for a short while, but the music playback was temperamental and it crashed both after a few minutes, hence my thinking it would need a powered hub. I would think you could take power from the 12v port. In the end I decided it was easier to use my phone for music playback as well as navigation through Android Auto. I had a couple of issues using Google Play, but then downloaded MD player and that seems to work fine.

I asked Vauxhall if there was anyway to connect two USB devices, as the stereo has two USB inputs listed and they said no, the 2nd input was for use on other models or markets. I wouldn't be surprised if this button doesn't get removed in a future software update, my car has already had one for the stereo while I've had it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
1900sr said:
I tried this, using the phone for navigation and the USB stick for music and had it working for a short while, but the music playback was temperamental and it crashed both after a few minutes, hence my thinking it would need a powered hub. I would think you could take power from the 12v port. In the end I decided it was easier to use my phone for music playback as well as navigation through Android Auto. I had a couple of issues using Google Play, but then downloaded MD player and that seems to work fine.

I asked Vauxhall if there was anyway to connect two USB devices, as the stereo has two USB inputs listed and they said no, the 2nd input was for use on other models or markets. I wouldn't be surprised if this button doesn't get removed in a future software update, my car has already had one for the stereo while I've had it.
Thanks for the info. ;)
When I have the opportunity, will try with a USB 5V converter connected to 12V socket to power an hub and test it thoroughly.

·
Registered
495 Posts
i asked Vauxhall if there was anyway to connect two USB devices, as the stereo has two USB inputs listed and they said no, the 2nd input was for use on other models or markets. I wouldn't be surprised if this button doesn't get removed in a future software update, my car has already had one for the stereo while I've had it.
What software update have you had or am I reading this wrong

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Razormatt said:
i asked Vauxhall if there was anyway to connect two USB devices, as the stereo has two USB inputs listed and they said no, the 2nd input was for use on other models or markets. I wouldn't be surprised if this button doesn't get removed in a future software update, my car has already had one for the stereo while I've had it.
What software update have you had or am I reading this wrong
I'm not sure. I was in the car just after I bought it playing with the settings when it suddenly told me it was downloading a software update. I think it said it was a DAB software update. I've not noticed any difference to the stereo though. I'll have a look in a bit and see if it tells me the software version anywhere.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Iharold said:
I still not got my android auto working
No, if you see your thread about Androidauto Nuno has posted that it doesn't work with the Nav900 unit yet. The brochure and the user manual both only state CarPlay compatibility for the Nav models.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I no sorry I didn't notice lol me been dumb n not looking properly and just presuming both systems had android auto

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Iharold said:
I no sorry I didn't notice lol me been dumb n not looking properly and just presuming both systems had android auto
To be honest when you posted the first query I got the manual out and went through it, and I didn't spot that the Nav unit wasn't compatible. The brochure doesn't make it very clear.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts