Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you make playlists with the Navi 900 Intellilink?

And can you make playlists on a laptop or PC (for example with windows media player) en then play them in the car? (playlist will of course be made on the USB stick)

(I'm expecting my new Astra ST in a few weeks and I'm already sorting out my music library :D )

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yes, you can create playlists on a PC and use them. HOWEVER, the Astra's audio system does insist in sorting all your tracks on a USB stick into alphabetical order, regardless of your playlist, which is really annoying!

I've found a way round this by using 'MP3tag' on the PC to rename each track to be [Album] - [Track Number] - [Song Title] (it does it all in one go so it takes no time) and finally I have all the songs in album order.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply!

I've prepared at the moment about 5000 songs, all sorted in folder by artist and album and my goal was to create playlists (rock, pop, 80's,...) en then saving the playlists in my favorites. Is that not an option then?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just crated playlists by changing Album names of files with Mp3Tag. It can do batch operations also. Open program and select your folders which you want to make a playlist and add into program.Then change Album name with your playlist name. Save it and when you connect usb into car just select the album (playlist) to listen :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can any 1tell me why when I plug my memory stick in to the USB port in my car why the tracks won't play ,I have down loaded them from my laptop on Windows player,tracks come up but won't play HELP PLEASE .

G

·
Did you copy them from a CD using windows media player? They might be in WMA format which I don't think the car will support. Your best bet is MP3

·
Registered
770 Posts
I used 'MP3tag' but most of the time you can go into folder view and then you get to play all your albums in track order. 'MP3tag' is useful in case you rip the tracks from a CD and the track names aren't recovered by any of the online track searches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts