Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone is lee . I,m a newbie on here . Had to create an account as i,m in bit of a pickle with my 2016 astra 1.4 150 turbo . Had car in bristol street motors ( sunderland ) today and it has the piston 1 issue . they said they cant touch it under warrany because of lack of service history . Anybody know what sort of price cash wise i am looking at getting done by bristol street that way ? Thanks .....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
They should do it under warranty if they refuse get in touch with Vauxhall customer care
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
danh23 said:
They should do it under warranty if they refuse get in touch with Vauxhall customer care
To be fair their warranty does say it's only valid if the service book has been stamped by them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Well if it's before a service stamp and it's known fault they should fix it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
The OP says it's a 2016 with lack of service history.

I do agree though, it's a known fault and should be fixed under warranty. But if the OP hasn't kept to what the warranty says, then technically they can refuse to do it under warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes bloody motorpoint who i bought it from said they service cars if it needs them and the car had 11000 miles when i bought it but they obs lied to hetvthe sale as nothinh on service book
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Leea said:
Hello everyone is lee . I,m a newbie on here . Had to create an account as i,m in bit of a pickle with my 2016 astra 1.4 150 turbo . Had car in bristol street motors ( sunderland ) today and it has the piston 1 issue . they said they cant touch it under warrany because of lack of service history . Anybody know what sort of price cash wise i am looking at getting done by bristol street that way ? Thanks .....
Hey mate

You must be local as that's where I got all my cars from too as I live in Sunderland he he.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Leea said:
Yes bloody motorpoint who i bought it from said they service cars if it needs them and the car had 11000 miles when i bought it but they obs lied to hetvthe sale as nothinh on service book
Well if they lied and told you it was serviced when it wasn't, then it's their fault the warranty terms aren't met!

Now you've told us that, you have every right to demand it's fixed under warranty! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont think motorpoint have a tie in with vauxhall though . I phoned vx earlier and they said they wont do it under warranty as service bookaint been stamped .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive just found out the first owner of the car was a leasing company . Shouldnt they have had it serviced at 10000 miles ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
They should do yeah but maybe the company did they're own services to keep costs down and didn't bother getting it stamped or including paperwork when sold to motorpoint.

I agree with Ivanzu, no way I'd be paying into the thousands for motorpoint's mistake, especially on a 2 year old car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,511 Posts
Hi
I bought my last astra j from motor point Burnley and they tend to be ex rental cars. My car was advertised as serviced but had no stamps in book . Rang dealership who had stamped the 1st page of the service book as they had supplied the car to whoever from new, and they had records of the service on their system. Supplied me with proof and said if I sent them the service book they would stamp it. Good job really had a warranty claim later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
It certainally seems that way, especially if they lied about the servicing, they know that would void the warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,511 Posts
Leea said:
Did motorpoint scam me into selling me a lease car they didnt tell me about ?
I'm not sure about that, but have a look on the log book to see who the previous owner was,then research them on the Internet to find out who they are.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The previous owner was scot group in exeter . I googled them and they are a car rental company . I wasn,t told this by motorpoint so they are braking the consumer protection from unfair tradading regulations entitling me to compensation .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Leea said:
The previous owner was scot group in exeter . I googled them and they are a car rental company . I wasn,t told this by motorpoint so they are braking the consumer protection from unfair tradading regulations entitling me to compensation .
Happy days! ;) warranty job it is!
 
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Top