Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just some information I have been given by my dealer on Partner discounts which I am not entirely sure is correct.

I ordered a Astra Bi-Turbo Elite last year around beginning November and since I have a relative working with Vauxhall I qualified for the Partners discount (NOT Associate Partners Discount). This gave me a 8% discount on the new car price which (in my case) ammounted to around 1800 pounds. Not bad right?

Anyway my car is not due for delivery until mid March so this week I contacted the dealer and asked to have the park assist package put on. He got this done and incldued it in my partners discount but here's the interesting fact. He told me that the 8% dicount has now finished and the best a PARTNER can get is 600 off the price. Doesn't seem to me to be such a good deal now. I don't actually know but I would think if you bought the top of the range model and were prepared to haggle a little with the dealer, you should easily expect to get 600 pounds off the list at least. Makes the partner's program a little pontless.

Also as I have my soap box out and stood on it. When talking to the dealer and buying my car it occoured to me....of course I get that lifetime guarantee dont I. NOPE. Not any more. According to him Vauxhall dropped it as they considered it a waste of time as not many people kept a car for its entire life. I wonder if thats true or that it was simply costing them too much. If it was the later then hmmmmmm thats not good.

Anyway food for thought.

Cheers

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yes, that's right. Associate Partners who work for other companies like BT only get £300 off an Astra since 1 January (more off an Insignia etc).

Note the Partner Discount is in addition to other discounts. After shopping around and intense haggling on the last day of the year, I got an awesome £5260 discount in total, including £2000 scrappage, £750 registration allowance, £1960 dealer discount, £300 Partner discount and £250 web voucher. I suspect they did a special deal to help meet their end of quarter target or they had some special deal going on combining old partners discount with the new scrappage scheme or something.

Check out this thread for details: http://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=85

·
Registered
411 Posts
Lifetime Warranty was dropped ages ago (ended January 2015), and for the better of your reasons.
Partners Discount - it's now virtually a discount voucher, so yes, while Man On The Street can walk in and negotiate a deal of 6% or more, Partners people can do the same than hit the dealer with the Partners discount on top of all other deals and offers, so in many cases it will actually improve the deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts