Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Was recently told my ABS control unit had low voltage being supplied to it, which caused an occasional ABS error light to come on. The dealer quoted me £500 odd pound for the part then labour costs on top which I cant afford. I have seen some second hand parts online and I am just unsure if its the right part for the car.

I have a 2018 Petrok 1.4 Turbo Astra.

Does anyone know the part number for the ABS control unit?

Thanks,
Niall

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Quite a few different ones listed,
the fitting instructions say it needs SPS programming to the car so you may not be able to just fit or even successfully program in a used one to work on a different car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, could you list some of the possible ones? If I can save on the part I dont mind paying the labour, I have even seen a new/unused one going for half of what the dealer quoted me. If I can reduce the cost at all it will be worth it!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
There's a lot (couple of pages) and that's excluding the later ones with electric brake apply,
have you had a good look at your unit to see if there are part numbers/I.D on it ?

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Quite a few different ones listed,
the fitting instructions say it needs SPS programming to the car so you may not be able to just fit or even successfully program in a used one to work on a different car
I wonder if it is a case of a correct, used, donor abs module being fitted it won't need any programming, a bit like the used steering racks appear to be. As long as it is the correct part number.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no clue about things like this to be honest, the part is still in the car I dont even know where I would look. I think I may just have to pay it but thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I wonder if it is a case of a correct, used, donor abs module being fitted it won't need any programming, a bit like the used steering racks appear to be. As long as it is the correct part number.
Yep it could well be another like that,i don't recall anyone trying it yet on a K so who knows 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Redman

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there a way I can look up the list of part numbers myself so I can and try and find the exact part for the car? I know its an Astra K 2018 1.4 turbo and can find the BHP and all that so surely I could find it by process of elimination?

Thanks for the responses so far

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh S### I am really out of my depth here😂
Found this below think I will risk it and try it out. If needs be I will check their returns policy
Motor vehicle Font Auto part Machine Advertising

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
It would be a gamble,you can see where they're marked,can you not see what number's on yours ?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Did he give you a printed copy ?
the diagnostic often shows the part number and software version etc

·
Registered
80 Posts
The dealers diagnostic sounds suspicious so I'd wait before going down that road.

Regarding the usage of a used EBCM, they're part of the immobilizer so will need programming with the security code, VIN, then flashed with the relevant calibrations and configured after.

The seller also most likely won't know the security code it currently has so you'll struggle there. We can remotely program it for you if you've got a J2534, clone MDI etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts