Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all what do you think of the park assist it very good but it quicker to park it yourself plus you get the sensors with the pack. Not many people talk about it. What do you all think plus it true now that the new Astra build only now in Poland. If that the case is it possible to have the Arden blue on the vxr on the new Astra as this is build in the same factory. I think the Rock and roll red on the Adam would of suited the Astra better then the power red. The Astra colours are the same as the old Astra :cry: all vxr corsa Astra vxr and Adam cars are build in Poland. Would of love the Arden blue on the new Astra would prepare to pay a premium for it

·
Registered
145 Posts
I haven't got Park Assist on my Astra SRi but I do have the factory fitted Parking Sensors on Front and Rear. I think if anything the Parking Sensors are essential but the Park Assist where it selects a space and puts you into it is just a nice extra. Ultimately you're still at fault if it chooses a bad spot and smacks into another car.

The Parking Sensors are nice and loud (can be turned down) and show the clear infographic on the dash so you can see visually and audibly how close you are. They are also super sensitive but not overly so. If not required they can also just be turned off.

I also think being able to park your own car in a difficult spot on your own brings you 'closer' to the car if you know what I mean. You learn the size, space, blind spots and steering so much better if you can park it alone. In turn this makes you a better driver instead of relying on a machine but for convenience the machine wins of course.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True parking my car is factory order and I'm planning on keeping my car for at least 15years then replace it. Also £450 parking sensor like previous people have said for a extra £155 u get the packing pack with the parking sensors and it park it for u and folded mirrors standard on the elite in which I'm getting

·
Registered
29 Posts
kidstretch said:
ArcanumFox said:
The Parking Sensors are nice and loud (can be turned down)
Did you manage to turn down the beeping volume of the sensors ArcanumFox?
Does it require to take it to the dealer?
Thanks!
You change the parking sensor volume yourself. You can change the volume of all chimes (they're all controlled via the one setting) under 'Chime Volume', which is under the 'Comfort Settings' in 'Vehicle Settings'.

As an aside, the manual is full of wonderful information such as this... :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Rapster said:
kidstretch said:
ArcanumFox said:
The Parking Sensors are nice and loud (can be turned down)
Did you manage to turn down the beeping volume of the sensors ArcanumFox?
Does it require to take it to the dealer?
Thanks!
[...]You can change the volume of all chimes (they're all controlled via the one setting) under 'Chime Volume', which is under the 'Comfort Settings' in 'Vehicle Settings'.

Nop... "Chimie volume" has no effect on the beep of park sensors - not on my car... [maybe another bug...]

·
Registered
856 Posts
SMS2 said:
Rapster said:
[...]You can change the volume of all chimes (they're all controlled via the one setting) under 'Chime Volume', which is under the 'Comfort Settings' in 'Vehicle Settings'.

Nop... "Chimie volume" has no effect on the beep of park sensors - not on my car... [maybe another bug...]
Hi

Not on mine either we've been here before in a different thread and the consensus of opinion is that it isn't possible to adjust the volume of the parking sensors.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
331 Posts
TomT said:
If you get park assist I assume you change disable it and just use the sensors and rear camera ?
It's the other way around - if you want to use park assist, you have to push the button to turn it on and select whether you want the car to parallel park or park in a perpendicular bay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts