Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would just post this as others may have some advise and as clearly many people will be receiving their new car in the not -to-distant future they may be interested.

When I ordered my new Astra from the dealer he asked me if I wanted to also order the paint protection at £440.00 . I didnt have a clue what he was talking about but said no. In fact he rang me again last week to make sure I didnt want this paint protection. Again I said no but I have now done some investigating and it would seem that there are a number of PTFE products out in the market that give your car a protection beyond that of mere polish.

Anyway I have now looked at some of them (and there are quite a few out there).

Seems that something called X1 Paint protection is very good. Available on Ebay and Amazon.

I eventually opted for something called Boora 10 year PTFE car wax . This cost me £22.00 . Now whether this is as good as the car dealers version I have no idea but at a saving of £420.00 I am going to give it a try.

If anyone has any thoughts on this car protection wax or doing it yourself against getting the dealer to put it on, I would love to hear from you.

Just as a foot not. I don't actually have the car yet :( so no, I can't tell you if this stuff is any good.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm thinking of letting the dealer add paint protection, but not at £440. Think this is a bit steep. I had Autoglym Lifeshine on the last car, cost £199, so I am expecting to pay around £200 for it. Can't guarantee what effect it's had, but I don't particularly look after my cars, but the paintwork still comes up like new after 4 years.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems you can buy the Autoglym Life shine kit on Ebay for £23.00. Says its for Professional use only so I suspect this is the stuff they have put on your car.

Actually now seems like there are alot of very good products out there to protect your paintwork and wont cost a fortune if your prepared to do it yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.