Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals,
I ordered my Astra SRi today from Bristol Street Motors in Harrogate. Took the family to Harlow Carr Gardens but didn't go in myself - sneaked off to a Vauxhall garage!

I bought a white SRi Nav 150 with
Intellilux lights
Privacy glass
Winter pack
Parking pack
18" alloys
Dual zone climate control
Power flex bar and smartphone holder.

I can't believe I've to wait 3 months!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ooh - sounds like you have got all the bells and whistles!! The 18" alloys look great - can't wait to see them in real life!

3 months wait - wow.... my dealer quoted me about 8 - 10 weeks!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sounds like you will be spending much time in here, trying to make time pass for the edit (next 3 month) :D
You should be happy the wait isn't longer, I just went in to my dealer a couple of days ago to ask for the delivery date on ours, and he could tell me that, if one were to order an Astra K with Intellilux now, the wait would be 20 weeks here!!!
The factories are having problems keeping up with the, surprisingly large demand on the new headlights :lol:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also ordered some extra bits! I just phoned the dealer and luckily he hadn't put the order through yet so I added on AGR driver's seat, tow pack and keyless entry/start.
I thought oh, well, in for a penny in for a pound!
I think the only option I haven't got is a sunroof. My current car, a Honda Civic, has a full glass panoramic roof that doesn't open and I have the blind closed most of the time anyway so I guess I can live without it.
Looking forward to spending a lot of time on here!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oh wow! You've had a great time shopping for a new car! I hope you got a good price considering how much you've added to the vehicle.

Will adding on the new options increase the delivery lead time at all?

You're gonna have to post pics when you get it.

I was tempted by the AGR seat, but usually don't spend long driving so it wouldn't be a benefit to me. Have you seen one at all?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The lead time remained the same at roughly 12 weeks! Don't know how I'm going to wait that long.

·
Registered
856 Posts
gadgetgaz said:
The lead time remained the same at roughly 12 weeks! Don't know how I'm going to wait that long.
Hi

I ordered mine on 22nd August 2015 and delivery was 23rd January 2016 (1.6t 200bhp engine wasn't available until January) so I think you can manage 12 weeks :)

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow that is some wait. I presume it was worth it?

·
Registered
856 Posts
gadgetgaz said:
Wow that is some wait. I presume it was worth it?
Hi

Most definitely. The only regret I have is I didn't get the bike rack as I didn't know it was available at the time.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
856 Posts
SwissTJ said:
:?: What bike rack?

Do you mean the one that fits the roofbars?
Hi

I thought there was one that fitted on the towbar. Maybe I have misunderstood that.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
411 Posts
Not an official VX one (as far as I'm aware) - there are lods of aftermarket versions, Thule being amongst the best. Obvs, you'd need a towbar, and that we CAN supply.

·
Registered
856 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
The detachable towbar is available as an aftersales fit - you can order it from your friendly local VX dealer - but would not come with the ESP integration that is part of the optional Towing Pack - that would need to have been ordered along with any other options and would not be able to be added to the spec after Event 25.

·
Registered
411 Posts
From the dealer's point of view, there's a big clue in the fact that the items you're quoting are in the ACCESSORIES brochure, not the options. There'd be a nice chunk of profit in that lot...

·
Registered
856 Posts
SwissTJ said:
From the dealer's point of view, there's a big clue in the fact that the items you're quoting are in the ACCESSORIES brochure, not the options. There'd be a nice chunk of profit in that lot...
Hi

Thanks and in which case I'm surprised I got the comments I did.

I would only want the towbar for the bike rack so I don't think the ESP would have any effect anyway.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
411 Posts
As ever, I can't really comment on the actions of another dealer, so I'll be charitable and blame crossed-wires and it being a new product. ;-)

You're right - the ESP is realy an anti-snake programme - V useful with a wayward caravan, not so useful with a bike-rack.

·
Registered
856 Posts
SwissTJ said:
As ever, I can't really comment on the actions of another dealer, so I'll be charitable and blame crossed-wires and it being a new product. ;-)

You're right - the ESP is realy an anti-snake programme - V useful with a wayward caravan, not so useful with a bike-rack.
Hi

Thanks I'll ask again next time I'm there.

Cheers

Paul

1 - 20 of 32 Posts