Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked our car up last sunday, and must admit, im in love with it so far :D
It handles and drives like a dream. Have done 1300 km in it so far, and found nothing to complain about.
Washed it for the first time today and thought I would share some pics with you guys ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a few more :D

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks great, Asteroid grey with 18" was nice :)

I guess you have lowered the car? Eibach or H&R?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's quite nippy I must admit, commin from a Zafira b 150 cdti, this feels fast and much lighter.
Have only just begun putting my foot down, but have made 1 or 2 full pulls through the rev range and I can't stop grinning all the way :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Interesting to see pics of an Astra with the parking pack! I'm assuming that the side-mounted sensors are for the blind spot alert, and won't be present on vehicles with just parking sensors?

·
Registered
856 Posts
curtisjk said:
Interesting to see pics of an Astra with the parking pack! I'm assuming that the side-mounted sensors are for the lane departure warning, and won't be present on vehicles with just parking sensors?
Hi

The lane departure warning is done by the front camera unless you mean the blind spot alert.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
107 Posts
Paulch said:
curtisjk said:
Interesting to see pics of an Astra with the parking pack! I'm assuming that the side-mounted sensors are for the lane departure warning, and won't be present on vehicles with just parking sensors?
Hi

The lane departure warning is done by the front camera unless you mean the blind spot alert.

Cheers

Paul
Whoops you're right, I did blind spot alert ;) - I'll correct my original post.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've had the car for a year now, and it still drives without any problems.
It's done 34.000 km and have only been to the dealers for normal service twice.

A few mods have been added since I bought it: all LED, inside and outside, reverse and licence plate; acoustic pack; two boot lights; new sound system; dampening of tha car; smoked side indicator; removal of rear wiper and today I've added new alloys to the list.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mate, if my(not even week old Astra) can look as good as this in twelve months I'll be happy.
I'd love to have those electric programmable front seats, a front bumper that can have fog lights and the slate interior colour, here in Australia no option for all. And if you wan't top of the range with adaptive cruse control, you get a sunroof like it or not.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sunds crazy 😮
Happy that's not the case here. I'm very happy with the spec and the mods that's been done so far.
Things for the future: air ride, catback exhaust, EDS intercooler and a remapping.

·
Registered
325 Posts
How is the comfort with those wheels? I have 17inch with Bridgestone turanza and it is a nightmare on a bumpy roads, every single bump on the road is transmitted in the cabin, the kick and the noise of that kick, it is just strange that a new car should behave like that!! Do you ride only on good roads or on bad ones also?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've used LED's from: http://www.r-led.de/ in Germany. They are error free and plug & play. They look a lot like factory ones, but wiyh a heatsink on top, so no loose resistores, it's all built in one unit, and they look more like OEM parts.

The comfort of the ride with 19" is a little bit harder, but I've worked in UK fro 8 months, and I believe our roads are a lot better than yours ;)
I've always had bigger wheels on my cars, so I think i've gotten use to a firmer ride.

I had 20x10" on my old Zafira with 255-30 20" tires and that was surprisingly comfortable.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Oh man, it looks amazing!! And really happy to hear you've done 34k kilometers without any issues, especially with that engine! :D

Two questions though - why did you remove the rear wiper? Don't you have issues with visibility during the rain/dirty weather? And second, how are LED fogs? I was under the impression that they aren't as good for fog as standard halogen ones so I'd love to hear some more feedback on this matter.

drcl said:
How is the comfort with those wheels? I have 17inch with Bridgestone turanza and it is a nightmare on a bumpy roads, every single bump on the road is transmitted in the cabin, the kick and the noise of that kick, it is just strange that a new car should behave like that!! Do you ride only on good roads or on bad ones also?
Those particular tires on Astra are disgustingly bad. Opel/Vauxhall should not sell them - or at the very least put them on demo cars too so people could experience how bad they are, instead of driving on a much nicer set of tyres just to be massively disappointed when their car arrives on Turanza's...! Seriously, try to get something else and sell those, you will do yourself a huge favor. I've only driven them on the parking lot and demanded to have them changed before I collected the car, otherwise I wouldn't have picked it up at all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I removed the the rear wiper because I like the clean look (have had it removed on all my cars) and I dont really use it anyways. The car gets a polish and a "Max Protect UNC-R" coating once a year, so the water beads of the car as it is ;)
I've had one car with the rear wiper mounted and seen what it does to the glass after a while.
I'm still trying to figure out a way of removing the rear badge some how, so I can get that 100% clean look.
As for the foglights, I have not really driven in heavy fog and they were changed by the dealer on delivery, so I could not tell you the differece, they match the LED headlights really good though :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Percival said:
Picked our car up last sunday, and must admit, im in love with it so far :D
It handles and drives like a dream. Have done 1300 km in it so far, and found nothing to complain about.
Washed it for the first time today and thought I would share some pics with you guys ;)
beautiful pics :)

if i am not too forward, did you have to pay with an arm and a leg? :) for the prislist on opel.dk shows about 294.000 kroner (ca. €40.000)!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I ended up paying 398.000,- kroner with all the bells and whistles 😉
It's not cheap to buy a car in Denmark!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Percival said:
Sunds crazy
Happy that's not the case here. I'm very happy with the spec and the mods that's been done so far.
Things for the future: air ride, catback exhaust, EDS intercooler and a remapping.
Hi mate,I'm looking at adding an intercooler to my 1.4t and I was just wondering if you had done the mod yet as trying to find one that fits is actually quite hard

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.