Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Car finally gets delivered Friday after a painful wait waiting for it to be registered with my private plate. Anyhow, I'm going on holiday in the uk Monday and was wondering does the car come with the wifi enabled or does it take a few days to set up. It's a lease from Jet btw.

Cheers

·
Registered
856 Posts
mattj1985 said:
Hi all,

Car finally gets delivered Friday after a painful wait waiting for it to be registered with my private plate. Anyhow, I'm going on holiday in the uk Monday and was wondering does the car come with the wifi enabled or does it take a few days to set up. It's a lease from Jet btw.

Cheers
Hi

Mine came with it enabled. I just pressed the button next to the onstar one to get the connection details, entered them into my iPod and then was able to use the internet.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
107 Posts
I see you've already replied to me on HUKD, but for anyone else:

Apparently JET are one of the few lease companies to allow this. Car was delivered on Monday. Pressed the blue onstar button and registered. Advisor sent me an email to activate account. Wifi package added no problem.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I got an email from OnStar a day or two before I was due to collect the car. I used that link to register for OnStar services, and it was all active when I picked up the car.

In the meantime you can set up a My Vauxhall account (if you've not already done so) as this will save a bit of time.

·
Registered
331 Posts
KevWak said:
I had to wait a few days after car collection for my onstar registration email before mine worked.
This was a dealer cock up though.
Apparently the dealer has to do something - not sure what though - and this triggers the registration email.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I got an email a couple of days before (triggered by the dealer) so registered and everything was up and running when I got the car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
When I picked up the car the salesman initiated a call with the onstar button, I registered with the lady over the onstar and by the time I got home I had an email from onstar and I just had to click to confirm the terms and conditions. It was all working straight away.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I joined My Vauxhall (https://my.vauxhall.co.uk) using the vehicles VIN (as registration plate not recognised as a Vauxhall) - not sure if I needed to do this before calling OnStar.

I pressed the OnStar button in the car and spoke to an advisor who took my details and sent me an invitation email (to the same email address I used with My Vauxhall which arrived whilst I was still on the phone).
I clicked the link in the OnStar email and used the email address given to the advisor (same as My Vauxhall one) and the password I previously chose for My Vauxhall. I went through the T&C's and after that OnStar was enabled in my account.
I then had to choose to activate the free data package in order for that to be available in my account and after that I could set the WiFi ID and Password.
So now my OnStar and Data packages will expire on the same day in a years time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes in normal retail cases, there is a registration form that a dealer will fill out to register you for OnStar which triggers the registration email - but in the case of fleet the dealer generally doesn't know who the customer is, so probably doesn't bother to do it. If this is the case you have to go via the blue button.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It took me about 10 minutes to set up when got home.

Basically, press the OnStar button, they will talk to you and send you an email link. Use link to register and then go back to car and press button again and they will confirm that it's all working.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The renewal price of £79 (if that's what it is) won't include data, that'll be extra, and it looks like it won't include breakdown cover either. The advisor will call a recovery agent for you, but if you're not a member then you'll be billed by the agent. Might as well phone the AA/RAC or whoever you're with direct yourself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts