Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Apologies if this seems like a odd question but perhaps someone knows the answer.

Unlike the ASTRA J I am aware that the new ASTRA K hides its exhaust behind the back bumper but I am wondering if the new Diesel Bi Turbo also hides the exhaust. I have seen pictures on the internet with an Astra K with one exhaust and even two exhausts.

I did contact Vauxhall Customer care to ask but they told me very unhelpfully that unless I knew the registration or engine number they would be totally unable to answer the question. I did point out that if I knew either of those facts I could simply walk round the back and look. Didn't phase them at all. They still unbelievably insisted on engine number or registration.

Anyway if anyone does actually know would they mind telling me please.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well even from the two replies it would seem that there is clearly some variation out there.

My dealer emailed me to tell me that the Bi turbo did not show any exhaust pipe. I also got a message from Vauxhall customer care telling me that the Bi Turbo showed one exhaust......

I guess we will find out when I eventually get to pick it up.

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the exhaust tailpipe(s) on the 1.6 turbo (200PS) engine? Is it the same twin arrangement shown on the Opel version I can find on Youtube? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
32 Posts
From looking at the on-line Astra configurator, the only engine that features a visible single exhaust is the Bi-Turbo. Bit of a shame as I am after a 1.4 Turbo auto when my dealer can get hold of one to test drive!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Steel_Blade said:
Does anyone have a picture of the exhaust tailpipe(s) on the 1.6 turbo (200PS) engine? Is it the same twin arrangement shown on the Opel version I can find on Youtube? Thanks for any info.
Hi

Yes the 1.6 turbo (200PS) has twin visible tail pipes as in the video.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks Paul. Everyone I've spoken to seems to think this is how it is, but I've never seen an actual picture of it, not even on the Vauxhall configurator as already pointed out.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Steel_Blade said:
Thanks Paul. Everyone I've spoken to seems to think this is how it is, but I've never seen an actual picture of it, not even on the Vauxhall configurator as already pointed out.
Hi

No problem. I have also noticed mine only has the Astra badge on the rear where as I think the 1.4T have Turbo on the right.

Cheers

Paul

1 - 13 of 13 Posts