Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only ‘whilst driving’ issue I’ve had in 5 years is a slight power reduction and service light. When I took it in to diagnose, they say they found nut shells that were impeding the lever arm that adjusts airflow (or something like that) and hence that’s why the car wasn’t accelerating as it should.

Nut shells! I was sceptical, but it was fixed.

When it went in for the clutch recall, on checking it over afterwards I saw that the rubber seal that runs along the top of the ‘rain tray’ and seals against the bonnet was chewed to shreds. I complained that they had rats in their workshop and that they had chewed into this seal whilst it was off the car during the recall work. They replaced it without bother.

Whilst checking my glow plug resistance (separate post) on removing my ‘beauty cover’ I found the foam underneath it half chewed away. I then spent ages trying to recover the fragments from around the base of the glow plugs (so they don’t drop into the cylinder when the glow plugs are replaced). There was also a nut shell and a chunk taken out of a pipe - may be a fuel pipe - not sure.

So - not ground breaking news - but I’ve obviously had a rodent of some sort appreciating the warmth of my engine bay. FYI in case you experience the same.

·
Registered
720 Posts
We have plenty of mice, but they prefer eating Rat Bait rather than my Astra - so far!

Farmers supply is the place to go if you want some bait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts