Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now obviously the UK isn't exactly the warmest place on earth but recently it's been 25 degree plus (Celsius). I've noticed a noticed a noise and I was wondering if anyone else has ever had it.

When driving in the heat after some time (20 mins maybe), I notice the car make an odd sort of noise. It's after gear changes and almost sounds like the turbo can't be arsed to work.

No performance decrease only in mpg in the heat. Just sounds out of place but not sure if its normal as this is my first car with a turbo on it.

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
64 Posts
Unless your experiencing mechanical/power issues I wouldn’t worry about it

have a look over the engine, make sure there’s no leaks, inspect the turbo hose, hole in the hose makes a distinctive hissing sound

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have that too. Turning off the ventilation fan makes it disappear so I have assumed there's some strange link between that and perhaps the engine load...
I had air con on today and noise was there to be fair. Only notice it when I'm driving home from work since that's only time I need air con/ventilation

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless your experiencing mechanical/power issues I wouldn’t worry about it

have a look over the engine, make sure there’s no leaks, inspect the turbo hose, hole in the hose makes a distinctive hissing sound
No failure as such, can feel car is having to work harder though

·
Registered
64 Posts
No failure as such, can feel car is having to work harder though
Would probably point to a turbo issue, as I said earlier, check intercooler hose. Make sure it’s sitting correctly at joints. I had an insignia 1 day suddenly lost its pull. Found the the hose had come off the intercooler. Once I reseated it was perfect

how old is the car?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would probably point to a turbo issue, as I said earlier, check intercooler hose. Make sure it’s sitting correctly at joints. I had an insignia 1 day suddenly lost its pull. Found the the hose had come off the intercooler. Once I reseated it was perfect

how old is the car?
2018 astra. Drove it today and it was absolutely fine and turbo was spot on so I don't know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts