Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to forum although have been watching for a while. I have ordered 1.4t 150 sri in power red with led headlamps, climate control , frt & rr parking sensors, privacy glass and a spare wheel. Hope to pick up early March. Can't wait. :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi Stevie

Welcome to the forum. Good choice and very similar to my spec that I ordered last week.

Did you go for Front+Rear sensors (£450) or the Parking Pack (£595)?

For just £145 extra the Parking Pack adds rear camera display, side blind spot alert and automatic parking assist functions (automatic steering which can be overridden) as well as the standard front+rear sensors and audible feedback. It's only available on SRi and Elite models but seems like a worthwhile upgrade. Might be worth a call to your dealer if you want to add it.

Reading the manual, it all sounds pretty good - different tones are played for front/rear sensors and the tones are played from the appropriate speaker (front/back/left/right).

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Welcome.

You also get electric folding mirrors with the parking pack, the reverse camera has guidelines which move dependent on steering angle, you also get visual distance indication of the sensor distance from an object. Its well worth the extra.

I've not used the auto park yet but the salesman tried it and says it's pretty good it'll do parallel and bay park

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou UKTekkie & Cornishtaz for the welcome, but more importantly the error of my ways regarding spec. So glad you both pointed that out, if i had sussed that out at a later date would have been seriously ...... off. Anyway paid a swift visit to Sales Manager and hopefully got it amended, need to check tomorrow. Regards Steve.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Great news!

Some of Vauxhall's pricing is very odd. The front/rear parking sensors at £450 seem a bit expensive given the cheap third party options but they do include a 6 speaker upgrade (which is already present in the Elite and SRi). Conversely the full Parking Pack with all the extras seems like very good value for SRi and Elite customers.

Similarly, the Energy is £2000 more than the Design but just adds the Winter Pack (£345 for heated seats and steering wheel) plus 17" alloy wheels instead of 16" which seems like a real rip-off.

The dealers I've spoken to don't seem too familiar with all the details and options either. When I was looking for an already built Astra with Parking Pack three dealers assumed I just meant front/rear sensors and none was able to talk confidently about the options. I'd expect dealers to be steering SRi and Elite customers to the Parking Pack but they don't. People on this forum are often more knowledgeable, having done more research.

I grumbled to two dealers about the black roof headliner making the SRi feel claustrophobic and they both missed the trick of selling me a sunroof to get the light grey headliner instead.

Anyway, hope you're looking forward to it and glad that you were able to upgrade.

Cornishtaz - let us know how you get on with the auto park. I'm curious to know how well it works as my Astra won't be here for another 10 weeks.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The whole marketing for the K seems weird to me. In the case of the 1.0, if it was on 16" wheels it would be 99g/kg emissions and hence free road tax, on 17" it's 102 pushing it up a tax band. The only cars with 16" wheels are Design and Techline, and you can't even spec them as an option on the other models. Similarly, if you want the Easytronic gearbox, that is also better on emissions than the standard manual, but you can only spec it on the entry level Design model. So, if you want a fuel efficient semi-auto petrol, you can only have poverty spec.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am so freaking glad to have spotted this post!

Firstly, welcome to the forums!

Secondly, you guys have also saved me from getting seriously ****** off, I never got told about the majorly much better deal of the "Parking Pack" over the front/rear sensors! £145 for all of that extra kit...YES PLEASE!

Seriously guys, thank you!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Kevin/Stevie,

What kind of deal are you getting?

Do you know about the new £2,000 scrappage allowance? It's available now but I suspect it won't appear on the Vauxhall website until after the £500 petrol offer expires on the 11th January. Full details in Dealer Discount thread.

·
Registered
32 Posts
UKtekkie said:
Kevin/Stevie,

What kind of deal are you getting?

Do you know about the new £2,000 scrappage allowance? It's available now but I suspect it won't appear on the Vauxhall website until after the £500 petrol offer expires on the 11th January. Full details in Dealer Discount thread.
My scenario is a bit different, as I am upgrading from a Corsa D to the Astra K, so that's one allowance that I am not allowed but trying to make up for it :lol:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Dealers are limited to the number of Scrappage deals they can do, so be quick if you're after it.

Parking Pack - works well, but can be a bit pedantic, and I usually end up taking over after the car has done two 'shunts' to get itself absolutely straight and wants to do a 3rd... on the plus side, it does find spaces consistently (better than Corsa in this respect) and choosing parallel or bay parking is easy - press once for parallel, hold in to change to bay. Simples.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks SwissTJ. Do you work for a dealer by any chance? (or Vauxhall?)

Thanks for all your useful posts - they've really helped me out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts