Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I purchased a new Astra SRI 1.0 Turbo and I was wondering how my deal compared to others.

List price £18,595
Purchase price £16,595 (partners discount plus usual bartering)
5 yrs 0% interest free finance
Power Red, No modifications

I'm also getting £500 "free" fuel and mats included as a sweetner. Due to collect later this week.

Please tell me I negotiated well! :D

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
You seem to have done about the same as me for the same car, You've saved £2500 plus the cost of the mats if you include the prepaid credit card, I saved £2750 (I had a £250 discount voucher off the net, £2000 scrappage on a car I valued at £500, and £1000 dealer discount.)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi EdinburghLad,

You referred to my discount above but you got an equally good deal. I assume you got £300 partner discount plus £1,700 dealer discount giving a total saving of £2,500 with the fuel card which is definitely a real saving. I got a very similar deal but also got the £2,000 scrappage allowance plus £750 'registration allowance' for not using a Vauxhall finance scheme. I couldn't get the £500 fuel card though as that doesn't work with scrappage.

I could probably have sold my (one owner) 2003 Vectra for £1,000 and got the £500 fuel card too so the scrappage isn't actually much better than you the deal you got.

Well done - it's reassuring to know we're all getting similar discounts. We should all be happy. I don't think I could have done any better - two other local dealers dropped out and said they deifinitely couldn't match the price I finally got.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks. Good to hear

I got an initial discount of £300 offered plus partners discount of 6% (this good lady is a nurse so a member of RCN). The rest of the discount was through negotiation on me being adament the monthly payment had to be lower to do a deal. I left saying my price and that I couldn't go any higher. A couple more days of negotiations over the phone and we met at a figure I was happy with.

·
Registered
360 Posts
When did you place your order? Did you get the 6% Partners Discount for an order placed in January? I was told it reduced to £300 on 1 January.

What's your delivery date? Probably January or February if you didn't order any extras? What colour did you go for?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Let us know what you think when you've had chance to play with it a bit. I'd be interested to hear what sort of fuel economy you get from it, as I think we're the only two 1.0 owners on here at the moment.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1900sr said:
Let us know what you think when you've had chance to play with it a bit. I'd be interested to hear what sort of fuel economy you get from it, as I think we're the only two 1.0 owners on here at the moment.
I'll let you know. Will mostly just be using it for nipping around town but I'm a fairly sensible driver with 2 young kids in the back. Will probably take it on a long run too at some point over the weekend though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts