Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have ordered in middle of April a 1.4 Turbo 150 Nav in carbon black with bi-colour alloy wheels, rear tinted windows, power flex bar, smart phone holder through NHS fleet Solutions but they can't give decent idea of delivery time, just states update following shortly ( which was 10 days ago) Any ideas out there for approx time ? A guy at work said expect 16 weeks ?
Thanks :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
Hello LadyB
I placed a factory order on the 5th May and have been given a tentative delivery lead in time of 6-8 weeks. This is obviously subject to confirmation, which I hope to receive within 7 days. I'm told that it will be built at Ellesmere Port, not in Poland, which is great as it keeps our own in work - this also influenced my decision to go for the Astra. 3 franchised dealers that I visited also quoted the same sort of lead in time. Hope mine won't be 16 weeks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
Jeff16150 said:
I'm told that it will be built at Ellesmere Port, not in Poland, which is great as it keeps our own in work - this also influenced my decision to go for the Astra.
Do be aware that most of the Astra K hatchbacks are now being made at the Opel factory in Gliwice Poland with very few (if any) coming out of the Ellesmere Port factory. This is because Ellesmere is now in full swing producing the Sports Tourer, for most of Europe. It is unlikely that your hatchback will actually be made in the UK I'm afraid. Vauxhall did drop the "made in the UK" advert a while ago.

My car arrived a few days back and was made in Poland as it has the "GG" identifier in the VIN number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
To fill in a gap on that "where will it be built" query. Each shift build approx 330 cars in Ellesmere Port, of which 90% are sports tourers and the other 10% hatches. Only the Ellesmere Port plant can build the sports tourer as all the robots and jiggings are there, but they do still make a small daily build of hatches too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
I order mine on the 19 of March and just got mine in dealership phone me it's come of the transporter gonna go up weekend to sort out the paperwork. Then I going holiday for 2 weeks so it will have to stay at the dealership until the end of month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
Update on my 7th May Post:

Received confirmation today that supplying dealer has placed the order and have been advised that my car is due in to stock 4th July 2016, which is on the 8 week mark. I am very pleased with this as I know from past experience that specifying a sunroof can delay the build.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Sounds like they've sped up with production. I ordered a Elite Nav in late February through NHS Fleet and it's only just been confirmed as delivery in early June : :roll:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top