Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning,

Quick post to say Hi.

Ordered a new Astra last weekend - SRi 1.6CTDi 110 ecoflex with Parking pack, sports seat, Power Flex bar in Asteroid Grey.

Not sure on delivery yet but it'll be around the end of March/start of April.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Updated delivery of 3rd April, slipped from 26th March. Ho hum, it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
331 Posts
It will be worth the wait and I bet you're counting down the weeks until you get your car!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had an update from the dealer - the car has been built in Poland and is on the way.

I thought the new Astra was built in UK - Ellesmere port?

·
Registered
331 Posts
SamD said:
the car has been built in Poland and is on the way. I thought the new Astra was built in UK - Ellesmere port?
I am really confused by this, from all the advertising surrounding the new Astra, I thought the entire thing about it is that it was built in the UK. From the original press release:

"The all-new Brit-built Astra raises the bar in terms of quality, design and connectivity," said Tim Tozer, Vauxhall's Chairman and Managing Director

·
Registered
411 Posts
The Brit-built tag line is no longer used - it was valid while it was solely built here, but now that Gliwice is on-line we're not allowed to use it. Certain dealers are, however, oblivious to all this sort of stuff and will continue to use it. VX don't. We don't. #FingerOnThePulse

G

·
SamD said:
I guess so, we've both ordered Sri...
Sorry, I meant I thought they were built in Ellemere port, don't know where mine is being built yet! I'll ask next time the dealer phones to update me.

·
Registered
331 Posts
SwissTJ said:
The Brit-built tag line is no longer used - it was valid while it was solely built here, but now that Gliwice is on-line we're not allowed to use it.
I didn't realise that they had any intention of building the new Astra for the UK market anywhere but Ellesmere! I really do think Vauxhall should be more upfront with what they tell the public.

SwissTJ - in your experience, is there any difference between the quality of the vehicles produced here and those produced in Poland?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Nope, can't tell other than the VIN number. Only real difference we've noticed is the amount of protective cladding/plastic that adorns the car, which is understandable. Big difference in length of journey - X,000 miles from Poland via train/boat/North Sea or 20-odd miles (in our case) to E Port.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Asked the dealer and he was surprised too - the only thing he can think of is that when the UK plant reaches capacity they use Poland - he did not even know Opel/Vauxhall had a Polish plant.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I doubt british built should be of worse quality except fuel gauge then polish built :)

But Opel/Vauxhal has received a bit too much orders with the new Astra and all tjeir schedules are now stretched :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for that info SwissTJ and the other that have replied.

I am pleased, in a way, that it is so popular.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts