Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my new Astra SRI 1.4 Turbo on Monday. Looking forward to it. Hoping it doesnt let me down compared to the insignia i had. Pictures to follow soon!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I went from an Insignia 2.0 CDTI (160) SRI Nav to the 1.6 CDTI (136) SRI Nav.

Have to say, that other than the boot space (obvious), the Astra is better in my opinion. Much quieter as well!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I went from a 2.0 sri diesel gtc to a 1.4 turbo and I'm very impressed fuel economy isn't as great on a long run but neither was the diesel around town which is where I do most of my miles now

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive bought the 150bhp 1.4T. Im just hoping it has the grunt compared to the 2.0 163bhp insignia i had. First time ive decided to go to a petrol and such a small engine.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It will have more than enough grunt as my old 165bhp gtc feels about the same as the new 1.4t only difference is the power delivery, the diesel is like one big force at once where as the petrol is a smooth longer power delivery if that makes sense

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Razormatt said:
It will have more than enough grunt as my old 165bhp gtc feels about the same as the new 1.4t only difference is the power delivery, the diesel is like one big force at once where as the petrol is a smooth longer power delivery if that makes sense
Sounds good to me. Just need to remember to fill it with petrol and not diesel. Lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
joe.bloggs1 said:
Picking up my new Astra SRI 1.4 Turbo on Monday.
Hi, I posted similar question earlier tonight why not wait until the 1st March for your new car to be registered on a 2016 plate ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If i was to wait the price of the car would go up by nearly £1,000. I only paid £15495 for my astra 1.4T SRI in carbon flash. From what ive heard its a good price.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yep!

I was worried too before I picked mine up. Gearing might be a bit shorter, but if it is it's not noticeable.

Pickup in all gears is good - this was my main concern to be honest as the Insignia would pull whatever gear I was in.

PS I haven't felt the need to use Sport Mode yet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I always felt the insignias gear box a bit notchy. I had the pre facelift and had 4 gearboxes in 8 months under warranty. I bought the facelift and it was better but how i dont no as i heard they were the same box. The power was good in the insignia but bearing in mind its a big heavy car. The astra isnt as heavy and it only has 13bhp less so hoping its nippy.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The gearbox on my Astra feels much smoother.

Was out today in it and my daughter who is 12 actually said to me "this car is quicker than your old one isn't it" so if she has noticed it then it must be good :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes 100%. I havent used the sports button or tried putting the boot down but i am pleasantly surprised with the power. Trying to be good and gradually run in the engine!

·
Registered
280 Posts
joe.bloggs1 said:
Yes 100%. I havent used the sports button or tried putting the boot down but i am pleasantly surprised with the power. Trying to be good and gradually run in the engine!
It's very hard to be good! I saw a Golf Gti going onto M4 and couldn't help myself. The young guy accelerated hard down the slip road and looked very surprised when I passed him almost straight away once on the motorway! :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There pretty nippy. I want to give the car the best possibly chance. Had some major issues with my previous Vauxhalls. I had 4 gearboxes in 8 months in my insignia. Plus a shed load of problems with it. Breaking it in nice and slowly. Must say though it holds the road very well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.