Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Whats your question? If u want, u can fit HKS SSQV, which is the best sounding in the industry, but then again, why? Its Vauxhall/Opel, not a sport brand :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just checked the bov you recommended and saw this in the description, didn't know it was used to increase the turbo life.

The main purpose of the Blow off Valve is to prevent waves of high pressure from slamming into the compressor wheel other wise known as Compressor Surge which can cause damage to the turbo.

Compressor Surge occurs when your throttle slams shut under boost, the boost pressure then backtracks into the Turbo compressor housing where it hits the compressor turbine and puts additional stress on the turbine, shaft and
bearings.

BOV eliminates the compressor surge by releasing that pressure wave and provides for extending turbo longevity.

·
Registered
573 Posts
All modern engines have blow-offs, havent checked astra, but i think it does have a bov and most likely its closed circuit ;) open the hood and check for a hose coming from before turbo to the beginning of the induction box ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Had mine 1.4 150 elite 3 weeks now 600 miles and loosening up nicely...Tring to be good?... but went on motorway at weekend ....docile as you want it around town ...very quiet ..just a bit of road noise on bad roads ..but pretty silent on good roads..on the motorway had to give it a bit of stick ....only to 4000 revs but went quick and still pretty quiet ..it's actually a very nice engine and gearbox ...box is very slick on mine ..and I have mitchlin tryes on which I like ....had car once with bridgestone turanza. .hated that tyre..mitchlin softer on road ....I have my tyres at 32 psi and that seems good between road and car....so far so good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.